Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

36 minutes ago, ViperStud said:

I’ve never been to a naming where neither the CC nor DO were present. If both are unavailable, it gets rescheduled. There’s a reason for that...and it’s what we are talking about right now. 

Fail

CAF yes, but at least 12 years ago they were never seen at a 38 stud naming when I was there. Sounds like nothing has changed based on what duck said. And turns out there haven’t really been any major issues that whole time. It’s just a UPT naming and as such isn’t a big deal like a CAF naming - I can see why DO+SQ don’t feel the need to go to one (until now maybe).

one asshat shits his pants, 3-4 dudes get their career ruined. That math does not check. 

Lots of speculation from people who have no idea as to what these guys actually got fired for. That being said...some of you guys, like pawnman, really ought to step off the soapbox. You’re coming in broken and stupid. 

3 minutes ago, hawkswin11 said:

Cant Understand Not Taxi.   And it was done with multiple civilian family members present in the room since it was also a drop night 🤦‍♂️

That's f-ucking bullshit that some ass clown wannabe ruined such a sacred tradition and a significant moment for a stud who has earned the right to be there. I don't know the details, but it sounds like it's also bullshit that some dudes lost their careers over it.

Seriously, what kind of idiot would ever think that is ok? A naming ceremony is about welcoming a new fighter pilot into the pack. It's about having fun and giving them a proper name which they've earned.  It's not about letting someone, who has no idea what they're doing, berate subordinates. 

• Upvote 2

I believe the N is Normal taxi. Pretty sure said individual got lost taxiing on a solo at DLF. Also the naming didn’t occur with families present. The callsign was on a wall and a GO’s wife saw it. All snowball down hill from there.

As for the firings, there’s a lot more to it than just this naming ceremony. Once again, the CDI results will shed some light on it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

No the truth is the sq commander was the one who named her a c word in front of a general...in fact it was KWAST himself in the room what low sa by the sq cc zomg fuck bashi - pawnman

Maybe you'd take it more seriously if it were reenlistment ceremony.

Why does this always happen at Laughlin?  It seems every 6-9 months there is a failure of leadership or some sort of scandal from Del Rio.  Is it the proximity to Randolph and the big blue flame of AETC ineptitude or the lack of shit to do in BFE Texas?  We did a flight naming in T-38s when I went through UPT in '99, which was incredibly tame but taught us the ropes before RTU.  If the above is true, it seems like a complete loss of SA for the FLT/CC who would let the naming board be posted in public, let alone push that name in front of the MAJCOM commander (if true).  In my experience, we kept this in the vault to avoid such a possible "misunderstandings".  If this is all it takes for a WG/CC and OG/CC to be sacked these days, there had to be more going on than is being broadcast to the outside.  If not, then pull chocks and launch for survival my friends.

• Like 2

So many variations on the story of what happened. It’s almost like someone should have called an uninterested third party to come in and conduct an independent investigation. 

Almost like there was..... Met a couple Cols from PACAF walking around for a while doing on investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Merle Dixon said:

Flight naming ceremony. Not a roll call. T-38 flights do this now, naming ceremony in the flight room once all of the students are post-solo. Many flight rooms have a dry erase white board, or 2, full of potential call signs for the students. One of the potential callsigns, on the white board, not the call sign given at the ceremony, was “Can’t Understand Normal Taxi.” 

I do not know how the “Can’t Understand...” written on the white board came to the attention of the food chain. Does anyone else know for sure? Did a GOs wife see it?

Good info. Were you there? The rumor mill that Air Force pilots perpetuate on this kind of stuff puts the spouses’ club to shame.

4 hours ago, Merle Dixon said:

Flight naming ceremony. Not a roll call. T-38 flights do this now, naming ceremony in the flight room once all of the students are post-solo. Many flight rooms have a dry erase white board, or 2, full of potential call signs for the students. One of the potential callsigns, on the white board, not the call sign given at the ceremony, was “Can’t Understand Normal Taxi.” 

I do not know how the “Can’t Understand...” written on the white board came to the attention of the food chain. Does anyone else know for sure? Did a GOs wife see it?

Does everyone get a trophy too for soloing a T-38?