Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

Interpretation?

I don't know shit about shit, but here's my valuable interpretation:

The reactor crew is highly trained, specialized, and not easy to replace. As they began to get sick and incapacitated with the virus, the Navy had a 5 billion dollar aircraft carrier with a nuclear reactor potentially stuck in the middle of the Pacific that no one else was qualified to operate. The ship medical staff estimated there would be 50 deaths on the ship if they didn't quarantine/evacuate.

The senior officers aboard the ship all conferred and wanted to sign the letter to the Navy leadership, but were denied by Crozier and he took all the responsibility .

• Like 4

23 hours ago, FLEA said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/13/asia/china-coronavirus-aircraft-carrier-deployment-dp-hnk-intl/index.html

A deliberate attempt to put egg on our face but I'm not sure it matters. China already has so much egg from this whole fiasco I'm not sure anyone on the world gives a fuck that they can launch a carrier right now. 

Icing on the cake.  It's the great power struggle...

The elephant walk came just days after China sent its aircraft carrier, the Liaoning, and fighter jets close to Taiwan (depicted above)

I think we all knew more news would continue to be unearthed the longer time went on, but this was an interesting facet:

The email from Capt. Brett Crozier was sent to three admirals and copied to seven other captains, according to a copy obtained by the Post, contradicting former acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly’s assertion it was sent to “20 or 30” people.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/493192-fired-captain-sent-memo-to-fewer-people-than-former-navy-head-alleged-report

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mp5g said:

I think we all knew more news would continue to be unearthed the longer time went on, but this was an interesting facet:

The email from Capt. Brett Crozier was sent to three admirals and copied to seven other captains, according to a copy obtained by the Post, contradicting former acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly’s assertion it was sent to “20 or 30” people.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/493192-fired-captain-sent-memo-to-fewer-people-than-former-navy-head-alleged-report

So, not only did the old SECNAV quit his job, possibly get COVID, but he's also terrible at math?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, FltDoc said:

The ones that make the news may only be the tip of the iceberg. Ever catch one that was kept quiet and just sort of happened?

No, but I've had a few where I couldn't believe they didn't get fired.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I’ve seen multiple instances where a wing king tried to fire some group commanders only to be told no by the numbered AF commander. The firings that I’ve seen kept quiet were due to infidelity (2 married squadron commanders). 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...