Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

Damn, digging into his pranks 10+ yrs prior in Korea.

Watch your ass people. In 2020 you are one misconstrued joke/prank/drunken misstep from making the AF times or SARC briefing.

Not to say this guy doesn’t sound a bit odd but compared to the stuff I’ve seen in 18 yrs, this is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Watch your ass people. In 2020 you are one misconstrued joke/prank/drunken misstep from making the AF times or SARC briefing.

Not to say this guy doesn’t sound a bit odd but compared to the stuff I’ve seen in 18 yrs, this is nothing.

An OG/CC rubbed his dick against another mans wife ass, at a work related event. That’s not “odd”, it’s 100% wrong. As a member of Wing leadership, this man SHOULD have common sense enough to recognize appropriate social boundaries...Let’s not make this into a “one mistake Air Force” argument, he retired as an O-6 without facing any UCMJ charges.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 10

47 minutes ago, di1630 said:

Or maybe just don't touch the asses of your subordinates' spouses.  With your dick.  At a work event.

I mean, I understand it's tough.  But such are the burdens of leadership.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Of course it's a massive IF this incident actually happened.  If it were an open and shut case, there would be no need to dig up shit from a decade prior...color me skeptical.  I have zero faith in our "judicial" process in the military.  Guilty until proven innocent, and even then...  Don't trust the process, if you ever find yourself in this situation, don't say a word and hire the best civilian lawyer money can buy.

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 3

I haven’t seen Fargo in several years, but I’ve been around him for multiple years and have never seen him do anything out of the ordinary that a shitload of other people haven’t done. Yeah he’s done standard drunk fighter pilot shit that 95% of us have done, but not things as described by the Air Force rag. I know Fuge too and trust his judgement, but this still smells a whole lot like something blown out of proportion combined with guilty until proven innocent (and by the way, nobody is going to put any effort into trying to prove innocence). Fuge was probably handed something he had no real choice on, but fuck OSI for going to such great lengths to destroy people.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dogs-N-Guns said:

Yep! Obviously need some details... decent human, not an amazing officer per se, always professional, but nothing was ever inappropriate or worthy of "misconduct". He was a pretty straight shooter... obviously he was never corrupted by the flying community.

5 hours ago, brabus said:

I haven’t seen Fargo in several years, but I’ve been around him for multiple years and have never seen him do anything out of the ordinary that a shitload of other people haven’t done.

Does that make what he did okay?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brabus said:

I haven’t seen Fargo in several years, but I’ve been around him for multiple years and have never seen him do anything out of the ordinary that a shitload of other people haven’t done. Yeah he’s done standard drunk fighter pilot shit that 95% of us have done, but not things as described by the Air Force rag. I know Fuge too and trust his judgement, but this still smells a whole lot like something blown out of proportion combined with guilty until proven innocent (and by the way, nobody is going to put any effort into trying to prove innocence). Fuge was probably handed something he had no real choice on, but fuck OSI for going to such great lengths to destroy people.  

During my stuff OSI Skyped my ex-wife, who had been out of the Air Force for years, to see if they could get her to say what a shitty person I was. We were on good terms, so she had nothing but nice things to say. That didn’t fit their biased narrative, so they’re excluded her statement in the Report of Investigation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JRBac said:

Does that make what he did okay?

Did he do things exactly as described in Air Force Times? You’re putting more faith in what that POS publication says vs. a fellow pilot who many will vouch for with first hand knowledge of the man.

7 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

During my stuff OSI Skyped my ex-wife, who had been out of the Air Force for years, to see if they could get her to say what a shitty person I was. We were on good terms, so she had nothing but nice things to say. That didn’t fit their biased narrative, so they’re excluded her statement in the Report of Investigation. 

Shack, OSI standard. I was involved in an OSI investigation once and in a similar position as your ex-wife. They threatened me with punishment, getting me kicked out of UPT, etc. if I didn’t essentially roast someone/give them what they wanted to hear. I said nothing and life went on, the other individual didn’t get fucked over, and we all lived happily ever after...except for the bloodlust OSI agents who were pissed because they lost a chance to fuck someone over. They’re a bunch of coercive scumbags and I will always be extremely skeptical of anything OSI has “extracted” from someone. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Did he do things exactly as described in Air Force Times?

Maybe it’s just me, but it didn’t seem like the wife of a subordinate commander (who seemingly got along with his boss) had an axe to grind. Especially considering that she spoke on the record with the AF Times. 

I’m not saying that the AF Times hasn’t raked muck before, but I also don’t find it hard to believe that the guy was grinding on a subordinate’s wife. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’d only believe it if there were evidence apart from the supposed victim. Not just talking one more persons say so. People have been known to lie before for anterior motives. Not drawing a conclusion in either direction. Just saying I hope there was more than just say so that tarnished this guys name.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Guardian said:

I’d only believe it if there were evidence apart from the supposed victim. Not just talking one more persons say so. People have been known to lie before for anterior motives. Not drawing a conclusion in either direction. Just saying I hope there was more than just say so that tarnished this guys name.

This is the actual purpose of a CDI (if that’s how it was investigated). I interviewed over 20 people in a complaint that simply accused an officer of being unprofessional. I would certainly hope that similar process would be given when investigating an O-6. Not saying it was done that way, but in my experience these kinds of things go deeper than a simple “she said” #metoo. 

• Upvote 1