Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

How many Republicans defended Al Franken when he was drummed out for nonsense?

So photos of placing his hands over a sleeping woman’s breasts is nonsense? Careful, the liberal end of the spectrum have “burned heretics” for lesser transgressions.

Franken shouldn’t have even been in the senate; they kept recounting until they discovered enough votes for him to win.lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691913

• Upvote 1

So photos of placing his hands over a sleeping woman’s breasts is nonsense? Careful, the liberal end of the spectrum have “burned heretics” for lesser transgressions.
Franken shouldn’t have even been in the senate; they kept recounting until they discovered enough votes for him to win.lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691913
You've never done something dumb? You're boring I guess. His hands are clearly not touching her. Does that make it right, noble, or couth? No. But if you can't see the distinction, I'd have to say (while admittedly not knowing you) that you're ignoring your own shortcomings to judge another.

We can't complain about the one-mistake Air Force or an unforgiving society if we only seek forgiveness for our friends. There was plenty to dislike about Al Franken's policy and philosophy. Republicans couldn't beat him in the battle of ideas, so they took the easy road, after years of Democrats doing the same to them, I might add.

Doesn't make it right, or healthy.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Admiral to lead Navy instead will retire; bad judgment cited;

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/admiral-lead-navy-retire-bad-judgment-cited-64184086

The four-star admiral set to become the Navy's top officer on Aug. 1 will instead retire, an extraordinary downfall prompted by what Navy Secretary Richard Spencer on Sunday called poor judgment regarding a professional relationship.

Spencer provided no details about the unnamed individual, but other officials said Spencer was referring to Moran having recently taken public affairs counsel from Chris Servello, who was removed from his position as public affairs adviser to Richardson in 2017 and given a non-punitive letter of reprimand for drinking and fraternizing with junior officers during and after a December 2016 Navy Christmas party.

Servello was accused of making unwanted sexual passes while dressed as Santa at the party. No charges were filed against him. He retired from the Navy last May at the rank of commander. Servello had previously worked for Moran as a public affairs officer.

1 hour ago, waveshaper said:

Servello was accused of making unwanted sexual passes while dressed as Santa at the party. No charges were filed against him. He retired from the Navy last May at the rank of commander. Servello had previously worked for Moran as a public affairs officer.

Open kimono time: I make unwanted sexual passes at my wife almost daily. Sometimes dressed as a jet pilot, sometimes as a guy, sometimes with an open kimono which is actually a towel too small to fit around my fat ass.  

Phew, glad we got that out there in case I talk to anybody ever. Wouldn’t want to tank anybody’s career. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, jice said:

Open kimono time: I make unwanted sexual passes at my wife almost daily. Sometimes dressed as a jet pilot, sometimes as a guy, sometimes with an open kimono which is actually a towel too small to fit around my fat ass.  

Phew, glad we got that out there in case I talk to anybody ever. Wouldn’t want to tank anybody’s career. 

So if I read the Navy one right, we now all have to resign for being associated with you.

This "new normal" of guilty-until-innocent-but-still-treated-guilty is in large part a result of politics becoming team sports, where winning is the desire, instead of compromise. I think...

How many Republicans defended Al Franken when he was drummed out for nonsense?

How many excuse Trump when he says things that are obviously false?

Both sides are doing this because we've prioritized winning over the truth. I don't think it's a new phenomenon, but the internet, social media, and the 24 hour news cycle has made it worse. Each side is convinced the other is stacking the deck, so they take their wins wherever they can, even when it's disingenuous.

Me.  I defended Franken when that happened, because the whole thing was sheer idiocy.  But it is the logical result of the witch hunts to burn everyone who has ever made a mistake in how they treated a woman or a minority.  I'd be very surprised if we don't see some of the democrats in the primary accuse others of this kind of thing.  Likely from 20+ years ago.  We're already seeing some of it, as Kamala Harris accused Joe Biden of having a poor civil rights track record.  

Edited by pawnman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, wrt Gen Hyten and what he's currently going through, curious to hear your thoughts. Met him several times and always seemed like a solid guy.

USAF's (seemingly comprehensive) investigation couldn't find anything inappropriate but it seems that his accuser is willing to testify before congress...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BattleRattle said:

So, wrt Gen Hyten and what he's currently going through, curious to hear your thoughts. Met him several times and always seemed like a solid guy.

USAF's (seemingly comprehensive) investigation couldn't find anything inappropriate but it seems that his accuser is willing to testify before congress...

Another #MeToo thrown Hail Mary to inflict some partisan Trump derailment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senators-split-over-hearing-testimony-from-colonel-accusing-trumps-pick-for-militarys-no-2-officer-of-sexual-misconduct/2019/07/11/18b83d42-a420-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fb237498ddfb

https://www.thedailybeast.com/air-force-clears-joint-chiefs-vice-chairman-nominee-john-hyten-of-sexual-misconduct

So, some Army O-6 was fired and given a poor performance report by Hyten for duty related stuff and she claims she has “nothing to gain by coming forward.” Just the attempt to derail the career of the Commander who fired you, that’s all. 

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, Sua Sponte said:

Another #MeToo thrown Hail Mary to inflict some partisan Trump derailment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senators-split-over-hearing-testimony-from-colonel-accusing-trumps-pick-for-militarys-no-2-officer-of-sexual-misconduct/2019/07/11/18b83d42-a420-11e9-bd56-eac6bb02d01d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fb237498ddfb

https://www.thedailybeast.com/air-force-clears-joint-chiefs-vice-chairman-nominee-john-hyten-of-sexual-misconduct

So, some Army O-6 was fired and given a poor performance report by Hyten for duty related stuff and she claims she has “nothing to gain by coming forward.” Just the attempt to derail the career of the Commander who fired you, that’s all. 

Well, the Army 0-6 (Army Col. Kathryn Spletstoserust) just came out to tell her side of the story. IMHO, General Hyten will probably still be confirmed by the Senate unless other women come out of the woodwork with similar "Quick Draw" stories/facts (either way it's going to be a clown show).

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/454937-army-colonel-comes-forward-as-woman-accusing-no-2-general-nominee-sexual

Edited by waveshaper

7 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

Why now that’s he’s been nominated as VCJCS and not when he was put up for STRATCOM/CC?  Not saying it did or didn’t happen, but the timing is fishy. 

Or better yet, when it happened!!  According to her statement, he got his special general sauce on her yoga pants somehow.  Guessing that would have been irrefutable evidence.

Edited by Bergman
  • Upvote 2

The verdict more than likely will come in his favor. 2 women, former Sec of the AF, and a former A-10 pilot now Senator of Arizona (claimed being assaulted as well)  were apart of the hearing  are on the record on pretty much saying the female Army Col was lying. If that is the case, why not bring her up on charges? I seen the movie a Few Good Men.  She should have saved some of the special General sauce.

• Upvote 1

Army Col. Kathryn Spletstoserust apparently isn't done telling stories about her creepy relationship with the General. The latest details (31 July) involve - Boob grabbing, crying, RACE (lol), leg humping, etc. IMHO, the General will still be confirmed by the Senate.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/gen-john-hyten-did-something-incredibly-wrong-to-me-says-col-kathryn-spletstoser  

It appears Gen Hyten will be confirmed as the next Vice Chief of Staff.  If that is the case and the investigation of wrong doing is unfounded, should Col Spletstoser be charged for false accusations?  Of course, her predicament has not gone to court. Should you be able to disparage a senior officer without consequences? I don't think so. Since she is Army, the Army most likely will back her. We shall see.  Stay tune. Can men and women just get along?   Your opinion.

ADMIN NOTE:  As this topic was already being discussed in this thread, your new thread was merged over.  No need for two discussions on the same topic...  

My opinion?  Some folks in Congress will use this as an opportunity to attack Trump and/or military handling of sexual assault cases.  Gen Hyten will get confirmed.  Then we'll never hear about it again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dream big said:

If she is lying then she belongs in prison, along with the Kavanaugh accuser.  

Good luck. They’ll never admit to lying, and proving they did beyond a reasonable doubt will be very difficult to do. Welcome to the new #MeToo era. If you don’t like someone who’s senior to you in rank or position, just accuse them of egregious crimes and rank their careers.

Edited by Sua Sponte