Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

On 5/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Shazaam said:

Surprised their CC wasn't canned. FE Warren nuke maintainers caught drinking alcohol at missile alert facility

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/05/24/fe-warren-nuke-maintainers-caught-drinking-alcohol-at-missile-alert-facility/

Knowing Global Strike Command, it will only be a matter of time

10 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Wow... In my old squadron we had “Make 3:18 Great Again” hats. Glad the media never got ahold of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the  “Make Africa Great Again” shirts, same base as the 318th. Got away with them for almost 2 years before they got banned. 

Edited by viper154
  • Like 1

How long until we see another commander drop? 
The twitter comments are priceless!

The twitter comments are actually frightening.

Beyond the politics, there are people angry that taxpayer dollars were used for the patches and that the USS WASP Stands for White Anglo Saxon Protestant and that’s why Trump visited that ship.

It’s on the internets, it has to be true! These people need the book thrown at them!!! They must be held accountable!!! For shame!

The sheer ignorance, stupidity and self righteousness of the general public at large has me at a complete loss for words.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Apparently the Navy is investigating this “issue.” I guess I don’t know what for? The patches were most likely procured via personal funds and weren’t displaying support for any political party while in uniform. Seems to me some folks are using this as confirmation bias just solely based on the fact they don’t like the POTUS and they’re trying to shoe horn alleged misconduct towards support of the POTUS.

7 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

The sheer ignorance, stupidity and self righteousness of the general public at large has me at a complete loss for words.

I read the comments and I think what it shows is the civilian population complete lack of understanding of the US armed forces culture. This is not an indictment on them, just they have no clue on what we do or who we are. Every military aviator saw the MAGA patch and thought “that’s funny”. They see it as something entirely different, as they have no idea what a morale patch is. 

8 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Apparently the Navy is investigating this “issue.” I guess I don’t know what for? The patches were most likely procured via personal funds and weren’t displaying support for any political party while in uniform. Seems to me some folks are using this as confirmation bias just solely based on the fact they don’t like the POTUS and they’re trying to shoe horn alleged misconduct towards support of the POTUS.

I especially liked how they were "supporting fascism" by displaying a picture of the commander in chief.  I wonder what those people would think if they found out there was a picture of him in almost every building on every military base?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I read the comments and I think what it shows is the civilian population complete lack of understanding of the US armed forces culture. This is not an indictment on them, just they have no clue on what we do or who we are. Every military aviator saw the MAGA patch and thought “that’s funny”. They see it as something entirely different, as they have no idea what a morale patch is. 

Yes it is a complete lack of understanding, but that’s not a free pass. It is an indictment.

The vast majority of comments that I read, and in full disclosure did not read them all, were of people condemning this egregious act of fraud and/or political partisanship on the part of the Aircrew and calling for harsh discipline.

We support the troops!

(Oh and by the way, make sure you confirm to our Snow White recruiting poster image of what an American fighting man is in our eyes. No squadron bars, no drinking in uniform, no bad language, don’t you dare go cross country and have any fun at all and don’t really tell us any stories about the bad things that happen because we really don’t want to know. Oh and no morale patches either.)

Now, I’ll just place this little yellow ribbon magnet here on my car....that will make me feel better... oh and “Thank you for your service!”

It will never change, I know that. I just want them to leave us alone. Let us do our job.

EDIT - The angry Vets make me laugh as well. “I was on the USS Goatrope from ‘68-72 and this would never fly! Disgraceful!”

Oh really? Back when you had full beards and the Philippines were a thing? Please...tell me more.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

"Say SECNAV/CNO,

That sure is a nice list of promotions you got there.  Sure would be shame if something were to happen to all of them...:

Said every current Democrat senator.

Minimum, the CAG is fired.  Maybe the boat skipper.  Might take up to the numbered fleet CC to appease the mob.

15 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Minimum, the CAG is fired.  Maybe the boat skipper.  Might take up to the numbered fleet CC to appease the mob.

And this is a main reason my last sim partner (fellow FO) left the Navy even though he was on the fast track to command.  I guess making more than an admiral (before adding his pension) to work 12 days or less a month in the right seat of a WB isn't a bad tradeoff.    

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

This was found on the USS Goatrope back in ‘69 before all these millennials came and ruined everything.

51976156-983E-44E5-B533-1E2005401AF1.jpeg

There are Chiefs and FGO’s, and have been at their current grade for a few years, who are millennials. In fact, the first millennials are set to be eligible retire from the service starting next year. The triggered about everything and report everything they don’t agree with are more of a Xennial (generation after millennial) tactic.

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Upvote 1

Point of order: Xennials precede Millenials. Carry on ...

Description

Xennials are the micro-generation of people on the cusp of the Generation X and Millennial demographic cohorts, typically born between the late 1970s and early 1980s. Xennials are described as having had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood. Wikipedia

Edited by Homestar

1 minute ago, Homestar said:

Description

Xennials are the micro-generation of people on the cusp of the Generation X and Millennial demographic cohorts, typically born between the late 1970s and early 1980s. Xennials are described as having had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood. Wikipedia

My bad, I meant Generation Z. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Homestar said:

Description

I’m a Xennial? Finally an identity!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, SocialD said:

And this is a main reason my last sim partner (fellow FO) left the Navy even though he was on the fast track to command.  I guess making more than an admiral (before adding his pension) to work 12 days or less a month in the right seat of a WB isn't a bad tradeoff.    

Word