Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

32 minutes ago, torqued said:

Sounds like he tried to bury scandals instead of properly investigating allegations to protect some of his subordinates.

I had a different take-away - he decided that after two investigations and a minimal amount of hard evidence, he wasn't going to waste everyone's time and the taxpayer dollars on a third investigation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I had a different take-away - he decided that after two investigations and a minimal amount of hard evidence, he wasn't going to waste everyone's time and the taxpayer dollars on a third investigation.

I was paraphrasing the news source which I probably shouldn’t do. Great point from what might be a more accurate perspective. 

There’s way more to this story, some of the people quoted or interviewed I trust as far as I can throw.  I’ve seen/done/heard things worse than a phantom pissing bandit,  someone has an axe to grind here.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, pilot said:

It's tough to take that source as being subjective when they use such phrases as "In the backdrop of the #MeToo movement" and "destroying evidence that could have potentially identified a suspect through DNA."  Undergo polygraph tests?  Holy fuck, we're not talking about who shot Kennedy here!

And holy fuck #2, it's not like this happened to her...

Related image

What a clusterfuck of biblical proportions! 

22 hours ago, matmacwc said:

There’s way more to this story, some of the people quoted or interviewed I trust as far as I can throw.  I’ve seen/done/heard things worse than a phantom pissing bandit,  someone has an axe to grind here.

From my 18 years at the same Guard base, it'salmost a certainty.  One of the great things about the Guard is retaining amazing talent with quite a few of our enlisted personnel serving 30-40 years.  On the flip side, at times we have more drama than a group of high school girls that just found out Susie made out with Sarahs boyfriend under the bleachers last week.  

Case and point...talk to your VT bros about the "source" for all the VTdigger articles from last year.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 8:52 AM, waveshaper said:

That unit has been a clown show for many, many years.  About time someone got them back on track.

Alert Double-Dipping

Edited by Bergman
  • Like 1

Sikora... in both articles... I initially was curious on who else... don’t bother cuz that’s dumb of me to connect the dots = none of my business, not my problem. As Bergman stated - get back on track is the correct answer. Units have much greater challenges from the outside and need to refocus their efforts professionally to remain strong from within. Plenty of folks deserve to be canned, but consistently glossing over the specifics with the “loss of confidence” statement I see too often is chicken excreta. 

Losing the 3 for 1 on alert was the biggest killer in part-timer participation for alert.  The shitty thing was when they took that away, they made it retroactive to a month or two prior.  We had had a part-timer sit 7 days (paid 21 under the old system) in that period and this change retroactively made it 8 days of pay...and they came to collect that debt.  I don't believe that dude ever sat another day alert after that fuck job (don't blame him).  There were a few nuggets in there that where Sikora was spot on.  Under the current system it's tough to entice them to sit alert.  If only they could figure out a way to allow us to roll off alert then log two pay cards to fly CT that day, we'd get a lot more part time help as this would be a much better use of our part-timers time on base.  Until then, the full timers will continue to carry the burden...for a while, then they'll go to the airlines.

I'm the last to defend some of the things these guys were doing, but some of the above linked article is certainly out of context.  Like them "getting paid at home," which was the day they could be called in to cover alert....though, if they're out of the area then that's a clean kill.  Tanker guys "sit alert" at home for a few days at a time.  Perfectly within the rules but they're still getting paid "at home."  Also the crew rest thing, wrt alert, if a fucking joke.  Some of the squadrons I've sat alert with had their dudes working their normal jobs (though not flying) all day long while on alert status.  so how is that different than a guy working on the CT all day then rolling to alert?

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Sounds like a culture of excessive risk but not sure. I feel like it's rare to see a CC fired after a mishap though unless it's ORM abuse. 

Another commander out of Niagara fired or “forced retirement” you could say.  Dude on his 2nd or 3rd Investigation. Letting him stay till hits his 20. Lucky he already had a cargo gig lined up. Commanders AF wide really dropping like flies, it’s everywhere. 

I think I know who your talking about. I used to work with that dude. Great pilot, could have been a wing commander, but lacked ethics. Heard he left his ART job as the DO to go FedEx when the investigation started, anticipating the shitcan was he? 

• Haha 1

Another commander out of Niagara fired or “forced retirement” you could say.  Dude on his 2nd or 3rd Investigation. Letting him stay till hits his 20. Lucky he already had a cargo gig lined up. Commanders AF wide really dropping like flies, it’s everywhere. 

Story? I know one or 2 dudes up there and they are all leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

The story is he got busted a couple years ago for a relationship with a SrA, launched an investigation. Screwed him up for ever making O5. A year later started up with a TSgt and moved her and her kid in then denied it. The commander started another investigation. Then it screwed up his TS so they have no choice but 20 and done. Used to be a Youngstown guy but I worked with him at LRAFB at schoolhouse. 

1 minute ago, Herkman said:

The story is he got busted a couple years ago for a relationship with a SrA, launched an investigation. Screwed him up for ever making O5. A year later started up with a TSgt and moved her and her kid in then denied it. The commander started another investigation. Then it screwed up his TS so they have no choice but 20 and done. Used to be a Youngstown guy but I worked with him at LRAFB at schoolhouse. 

No court martial or kicked out cause of it? Weird.

No it applies to reserves too. From what I understand he was the DO/squadron commander and her an AGR in command post 

it applies when they are both in status....and if she was living there and he bought her a car then it applies