Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

It wasn't a flyer because it's not a numbered member. If it's like the tbirds all the support officers have a number too. That would mean enlisted

Again I ask, according to who? Article doesn’t definitively say that it wasn’t a pilot or numbered angel.

“but the removed person does not appear to be a “numbered” pilot.”

Doesn’t appear isn’t confirmation.

8 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Maybe the young Captain was showing the Navy maintainer how the Viper “hot pits?”

Would she have even crossed paths with the Blues? Their training seasons are both pretty busy and not really geographically convenient.

3 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

An enlisted member on the Blue Angels was suspended.

The Blues are still flying their practice season as a 6-ship.  Therefore, Blue Angel 1-6 have probably not been suspended.  There are other officers on the Blues.  Your conclusion that it is an enlisted member has no basis... assuming the article is even correct. 

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

Would she have even crossed paths with the Blues? Their training seasons are both pretty busy and not really geographically convenient.

Have you been on a demo team, or in any way been involved in the production of an airshow?  I'm guessing not.  

That said, it would be unfair to assume these events are related based on what has been reported.  

By all accounts, SiS is a fine fighter pilot who has done a lot more for her country than most will ever consider.  Irrespective of what happened... short of her murdering someone... I'd put her head and shoulders above Hillary, AOC, Kamala, Mazie Hirono, and a host of others that we read about daily.  Be glad you're not the one in the spotlight.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

The Blues are still flying their practice season as a 6-ship.  Therefore, Blue Angel 1-6 have probably not been suspended.  There are other officers on the Blues.  Your conclusion that it is an enlisted member has no basis... assuming the article is even correct. 

Have you been on a demo team, or in any way been involved in the production of an airshow?  I'm guessing not.  

That said, it would be unfair to assume these events are related based on what has been reported.  By all accounts, SiS is a fine fighter pilot who has done a lot more for her country than most will ever consider.  Irrespective of what happened... short of her murdering someone... I'd put her head and shoulders above Hillary, AOC, Kamala, Mazie Hirono, and a host of others that we read about daily.  Be glad you're not the one in the spotlight.  

I feel like it would take somewhere between 15-30 murders to put her even with Hilary....everyone else maybe one.

47 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

I’ve been around a while and never heard of him, is this his style?

Not sure, but he mentioned the forums in the article so it wouldn’t surprise me.

“Since then, the video [has] been referenced in multiple military and aviation forums around the net.”

8 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

I stayed at a Holiday inn Express once. What does either have to do with the fact that the blues train in Pensacola and El Centro and the Viper demo is in South Carolina?  I fail to understand my lack of qualifications to make that statement / question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I stayed at a Holiday inn Express once. What does either have to do with the fact that the blues train in Pensacola and El Centro and the Viper demo is in South Carolina?  I fail to understand my lack of qualifications to make that statement / question.

The F-16 demo team was recently TDY to California training within the last 2 weeks...its in their Twitter feed

I’ve been around a while and never heard of him, is this his style?

He’s just a shitty aviation blogger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Day Man said:

*Aviation incident*

BODN: Don't speculate, let's wait for the official report

*Capt gets fired*

BODN: She banged a Blue Angel maintainer and possibly murdered people

Yup.

How is this even a conversation?

3 minutes ago, dream big said:

That PR stunt is what is wrong with the Air Force and society. If women are equal to and as capable as men, then why does this warrant celebration? 

It's important to have role models. A young girl can see it's possible to be an Air Force pilot when she thinks it's a male only career field.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, DEVIL said:

Yup.

How is this even a conversation?

Because most aviation incidents involve middle aged, pudgy, balding dudes. This involves a hot chick. Duh.

The gossip fest is definitely not just in the spouses clubs. 

14 minutes ago, dream big said:

That PR stunt is what is wrong with the Air Force and society. If women are equal to and as capable as men, then why does this warrant celebration? 

As much as many old crusty fliers hate to admit, but women can and want to fly in the USAF. And we celebrate someone who is a “first”. Having a female face can be a powerful recruitment tool to appeal to the people who we protect. And per most comments about her, she was a great aviator as well; i.e. not just a pretty face 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

This whole conversation has been deleted off closed Facebook groups, interesting.  Do realize said Captain may be reading these posts.

Well, this must be the first time that someone who reads Baseops.net has been the subject of a roiling speculative discussion about some publicly embarrassing, scandalous event that happened to them, and that person has had to just sit back and watch the spears get baselessly thrown around.

I don't know anyone who has had that experience.

• Like 11
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Magnum said:

I fail to understand my lack of qualifications to make that statement / question.

Not trying to be rude, but... in the same way that I'm ignorant to how a fighter squadron works these days... your ignorance of the schedules of demo teams during the off-season is exactly the issue.  

Edited by HuggyU2