Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

38 minutes ago, Clayton Bigsby said:

It's back up here.

"Pictures are bad." 

I learned that one on about day two of fighter pilot school.  If the wrong flag officer gets spun up over this fiasco, I think it's entirely possible Maestro could be back in the frag pattern over that video.  This is a great opportunity to give your kids or anyone from the "I'll share anything with the world on the internet" generation a prime example of why you keep your shit private.

Edited by JeremiahWeed
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SocialD said:

It's a welcome change from the standard AF (or mainstream media in general) blast the accusation on the front page of every major news source, then retract it a year later....on the bottom left of the back page of the Sumter gazette. 

As someone who had this happen to me personally, I approve of this message.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JeremiahWeed said:

"Pictures are bad." 

I learned that one on about day two of fighter pilot school.  If the wrong flag officer gets spun up over this fiasco, I think it's entirely possible Maestro could be back in the frag pattern over that video.  This is a great opportunity to give your kids or anyone from the "I'll share anything with the world on the internet" generation a prime example of why you keep your shit private.

And in the wise words of Rainman, "never talk to the media!"

Edited by donkey
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JeremiahWeed said:

"Pictures are bad." 

Should be fun.  Every media source clamoring to re-share a video that, in today's environment, is likey a career-ender... Without any knowledge of why this captain was reassigned or if it's even relevant.

1 minute ago, pawnman said:

Should be fun.  Every media source clamoring to re-share a video that, in today's environment, is likey a career-ender... Without any knowledge of why this captain was reassigned or if it's even relevant.

Which media source aside from the military aviation fanboy sites even cares?

3 hours ago, JeremiahWeed said:

"Pictures are bad." 

Sadly, you’re right.  Hope the PC zealots aren’t that bad after this many years.  He had to have suspected it would come up when news of this came out.  

9 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Two wrongs don’t make a right. No way the Col should go down for that video. But knowing today’s culture and Air Force...

It’s a very sad state of affairs when something that was found funny, and still is, 15 years ago, could possibly cost someone their career today. However, we all know that SiS being fired from her high vis job was going to most like give her a negative OPR and tank her young career too. Which Maestro most likely had no problems doing since he was probably “instructed” to do so by his boss when he funneled up her mistake(s) up the chain for their FYI. When he goes on about “regretting” making the video, I don’t really believe he did. I believe he only regrets that it became public and now it could possibly cost him his career.

What I hate about this situation is that he was professional and reasonable in the statement that came out from Shaw, didn't mention any reasons for doing so, and who knows, spared her some embarrassment by just leaving it at that. Hopefully it doesn't come down to someone saying, "He isn't a bad leader she did X, he had no choice", and now her sh*t is in the street also.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Rogoway should go to work for TMZ.  Every time he requests an interview with anyone in DoD, they should simply forward him his article and say "Uh... no".  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1