Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

Wait...are you suggesting the institution would push a gender-biased agenda where no actual story exists in order to fabricate favorable optics only to cut its own throat with soon thereafter because someone is a fvcking human being?

The machine has chewed up and spit out another pretty face. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm not surprised at all. This is called a Monday in AMC. Why dudes and dudettes somehow think THEY are different, THEY can affect change, THEY will make it through the command crucible is beyond me. 

I also didn't know a flying Captain could be the commander of anything beyond the snack bar. Guess the attrition numbers may have some merit.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, ImNotARobot said:

I also didn't know a flying Captain could be the commander of anything beyond the snack bar.

That was what I thought.  Why did the Wing feel they needed to make a statement out of what amounts to moving a flight commander around?  Who cares why she was removed if she's not a unit commander?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Cert flight was about that two weeks ago up at Langley for COMACC. 

Yep. Excerpt; "On Jan. 29, 2019, Gen. Mike Holmes, commander of Air Combat Command, certified the new F-16 Viper Demonstration Team pilot and commander ahead of the 2019 season, at Joint Base Langley-Eustis. The final certification by the ACC Commander follows extensive training including four certifications, off-station training flights and more than 30 practice missions".

Edited by waveshaper

"... I want them to have the opportunity to learn from them without being under public scrutiny..."

With all due respect to the good Colonel. When you volunteer for a high-visibility position, you agree to become a public figure. Don't step on stage if you can't handle the lights.

The non-disclosure of her removal raises more questions than anything else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don’t know him, but several friends do.  I’ve heard nothing but good from his peers and subordinates, dudes and dudettes, for what it’s worth.  He likely did the best he could for the situation.  Sometimes command sucks.

Rarely am I the fun police, but reposting the video is like taking photos in the bar.  While TDY.  It can’t possibly do any good.  I also don’t get what the big deal ever was...PG-13 at most.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gimmeaplane said:

Don’t know him, but several friends do.  I’ve heard nothing but good from his peers and subordinates, dudes and dudettes, for what it’s worth.  He likely did the best he could for the situation.  Sometimes command sucks.

Rarely am I the fun police, but reposting the video is like taking photos in the bar.  While TDY.  It can’t possibly do any good.  I also don’t get what the big deal ever was...PG-13 at most.

Making a video is like taking photos in the bar. You don't do it, cause eventually it's going to come out into the public. You also take that risk when you make said video. 

7 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Making a video is like taking photos in the bar. You don't do it, cause eventually it's going to come out into the public. You also take that risk when you make said video. 

Valid.  And there’s a big brother aspect to the videos disappearing.  A point towards “world was better without the internet.”  As I type on my phone more powerful than a 20 yr old supercomputer.

If only anything else in the government worked at the speed at which that video was taken down.

To whoever found and deleted that video, if you're reading this, I'd like to double your salary and hire you as full time DTS approver for my Sq.  PM me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pitt4401 said:

The non-disclosure of her removal raises more questions than anything else. 

Honestly, it's really none of our business, and I think he's handling it rather well.  I've heard from multiple people in the bro network that both the Col (even after O6 lobotomy) and the Capt are solid individuals, so I'm willing accept it at face value.   People fuck up, but don't deserve the have their names drug through the mud over any misstep.  It's a welcome change from the standard AF (or mainstream media in general) blast the accusation on the front page of every major news source, then retract it a year later....on the bottom left of the back page of the Sumter gazette.  Here's hoping it's something that is recoverable careerwise and everyone can move on.  I'm guessing if it weren't for threads like this, people would have already forgotten about it.

• Upvote 2