Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

2 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The ironic part is the commander who relieved her of command is the same guy who helped make the Korean Gold Bond video in the 2000's.

I swear I have that video downloaded somewhere, I gotta try and dig it up.  It's been buried pretty well on the ol' Interwebz!

I would hope that Maestro, having been on the receiving end of a bullshit punishment from leaders who had their sense of humor removed when they made O-6, would approach such a high-profile firing (for whatever the reason) with a sense of sanity rather than the kneejerky bullshit we have seen all too frequently out of leadership.

But, I also unfortunately know more than one bro who totally lost their sense of SA when they put those birds on their uniform.

Edited by Hacker

1 minute ago, Lord Ratner said:
7 minutes ago, Torch09 said:
1.  Wrong gender.
2.  Vipers, not Eagles.

Nah, high profile women don't get away with frat in my experience. They may not get court martialed, but they don't keep command.

I wonder if the #MeToo movement would come to, assuming it's a he, his defense if he accused her of sexual assault? Fair is fair...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

Really sorry to see SiS relieved. 

Post the video. If he doesn’t like it and cannot laugh about it, too bad. 

And post part 2... too. 

What’s the meaning of the call sign “SiS”? Heard it referenced elsewhere, too.

SiS is her callsign - and as a fighter pilot the story behind it is hers to tell. Buy the “brodette” a round, sit down and listen.

I’ve flown with SiS and recognize her as a good pilot and good person. I was excited to see her career advance, and saddened and disappointed by this announcement.

I have also worked for Maestro. Unless his F35 time ruined him he’s very level headed and really cares about his pilots.

Where these two intersect leaves me at an impasse. 

I think the AF needs to throw on the “safety privilege” label and explain to all of us what is going on in these cases. We can literally be fired for “mission planning buffoonery” to “redecorating” to “having an awesome instagram?” and then have airline prospects ruined thanks to Public Affairs.

if Anyone discovers valid details (mine was a joke) please inform us  so we take appropriate defensive options!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, torqued said:

What’s the meaning of the call sign “SiS”? Heard it referenced elsewhere, too.

Must something good, naturally.

Here, she says, "the story that I *can* share about the callsign....", so she's clearly repeating a family-friendly cover story rather than what it really means.

Meet Capt. Zoe "Sis" Kotnik - F-16 Viper Demo Team Pilot-Commander

2 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

and then have airline prospects ruined thanks to Public Affairs.

Trust me, good folks who have careers maimed by stupid Big Blue tricks will be just fine when it comes time to go to the airlines.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hacker said:

Trust me, good folks who have careers maimed by stupid Big Blue tricks will be just fine when it comes time to go to the airlines.

People do just fine leaving after leaving the USAF, if they choose to do so. This is despite the USAF informing them what worthless trash they are. But then again those who said that had opinions that were baseless and really didn’t matter anyway.

13 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

Two weeks...most “leaders” are still trying to play catch up to their new responsibilities at two weeks. Something is really fishy, especially considering how big a deal it was for her to lead the demo team. 

Agreed.

At what point do the demo pilots certify on the routine?  What would happen if they couldn’t get it down and/or the General wouldn’t sign off on it?

I suspect that isn’t the case here; just wondering out loud.  Either way, really sucks for her.

20 minutes ago, Bergman said:

Agreed.

At what point do the demo pilots certify on the routine?  What would happen if they couldn’t get it down and/or the General wouldn’t sign off on it?

I suspect that isn’t the case here; just wondering out loud.  Either way, really sucks for her.

Cert flight was about that two weeks ago up at Langley for COMACC. 

17 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Can someone explain what a F-16 demo team does? I read that the demo team is really single ship demos for airshows. Is “command” of the demo team a flight commander equivalent? I mean, is this like the commander of the T-birds getting canned?

https://www.facebook.com/ViperDemoTeam/

https://www.shaw.af.mil/Viper-Demo-Team/

18 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Can someone explain what a F-16 demo team does? I read that the demo team is really single ship demos for airshows. Is “command” of the demo team a flight commander equivalent? I mean, is this like the commander of the T-birds getting canned?

Is it just a additional duty? Don't the mx guys belong to the Wings AMXS sq and report to that SQCC and does the pilot still attached to a flying Sq?