Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

5 hours ago, FlyArmy said:

Fly the F-16 to meet a friend.  Whatever.

Sending ' flirtatious' emails from work to work accounts.   Really dumb, even for a fighter pilot!  😉

Edited by JimNtexas

When Booty Calls: Air Guard Commander Allegedly Used an F-16 for Romantic Getaway;

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/11/28/when-booty-calls-air-guard-commander-allegedly-used-f-16-romantic-getaway.html

How many operational "Booty Call" missions does it take before you're eligible for - one each - Air Medal? What's the criteria - Heroic or meritorious achievement and what type of device - V, BC, ? 

Edited by waveshaper

What type ordnance was used on this mission? I imagine he was carrying a few of them brand "Spanking" new  GBU-69 Lubricated Muffin Penetrators designed specifically for BC type missions. Hopefully the fuzing was set properly and functioned in the long-delay mode, generating some muffin induced tremors/a smoking hole. I would consider this mission a failure if the fuzing functioned in the instantaneous mode or worse yet - the premature mode or was a dud .

Edited by waveshaper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

What type ordnance was used on this mission? I imagine he was carrying a few of them brand "Spanking" new  GBU-69 Lubricated Muffin Penetrators designed specifically for BC type missions. Hopefully the fuzing was set properly and functioned in the long-delay mode, generating some muffin induced tremors/a smoking hole. I would consider this mission a failure if the fuzing functioned in the instantaneous mode or worse yet - the premature mode or was a dud .

giphy-downsized-large.gif

21 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

Don’t discount the “hight above burst” fusing, it’s great for getting that frag right in the face/head/chest area. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, viper154 said:

Don’t discount the “hight above burst” fusing, it’s great for getting that frag right in the face/head/chest area. 

There's a wee bit of good news about this precision strike mission "there were no civilian casualties". At this point, I would think that someone in leadership would order-up, a target specific, Battle/Bomb Damage Assessment. I would recommend that a team of gynaecologist  be assigned this messy task. I would also advise the "target" to get a lawyer and take the 5th. 

43 minutes ago, FishBowl said:

VID on target?

Not required. Female Army O-6s don’t make rank based on anything present company would list as desireable

Recommend off dry, switches safe, RTB with full load.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So did he get sacked because he wasn’t a FAIP, or because the F-16 costs a lot more to operate than a T-1/6/38? Sounds like he did nothing different than happens on a typical CT or student x-country.

Edit to add:

I recall on my first T-1 out and back our FAIP insisted on going to Centennial. When we got there, his dad and girlfriend met us. Dad took us out to lunch and he took off with the girl friend for the next 60-90 minutes.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, Guardian said:

Guys, stop drawing dicks...this is serious business!!!

Navy:  We temporarily grounded and gave paperwork to the guys who drew the giant sky penis.

AF:  Hold my non-alcoholic beer!

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This military has lost its mind. Was anyone offended? Did anyone in the unit have an issue with it? What was the CDI recommendation if the wing CC didn’t fire him because of it? Doesn’t that point to a lesser punishment until a general looking to protect himself got a hold of it? Wonder what people thought of the CC in general? Was this just the tip (sts) of the ice berg or something else?

• Like 1