Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

I've seen many retirees receive letters from former (living) presidents, but I've never seen them replace the current president's letter.

From the article: "The day of the ceremony, Owens learned about the airman’s plans to include the presentation of a certificate from Obama, but not current President Trump. Owens felt this was disrespectful to Trump, and assumed the airman was planning to make the ceremony “a political statement” that would make Owens “look like a fool.”

Still seems like a toxic commander, and it was probably a good thing he was removed.

He was the best OG/CC JBLM has ever seen. Tremendous. Never disappointed. Trust me, I guarantee it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Homestar said:

I've seen many retirees receive letters from former (living) presidents, but I've never seen them replace the current president's letter.

From the article: "The day of the ceremony, Owens learned about the airman’s plans to include the presentation of a certificate from Obama, but not current President Trump. Owens felt this was disrespectful to Trump, and assumed the airman was planning to make the ceremony “a political statement” that would make Owens “look like a fool.”

Still seems like a toxic commander, and it was probably a good thing he was removed.

Understood. It's also a retirement ceremony and can be as much or as little as required wrt the presentations -- the retiree still gets all the paperwork from the current Prez. The So What is that it ain't about YOU (as the commander), it's about the retiree. This particular commander saw something that wasn't there, and ultimately got relieved for his reaction to it. It's a pattern... Better CYA than push the envelope - even in perception. It's pathetic - indicative of a guy focused more on the queep and looking good (similar to accosting people for walking across the grass - zing!) than shit that actually matters.

Chuck

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Fired Air Force one-star made inappropriate comments about women, failed to report suicide attempts

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/29/fired-air-force-one-star-made-inappropriate-comments-about-women-failed-to-report-suicide-attempts/

If you say something about BQZIP's mom at a Chiefs game, boy you are going to pay for it! On a side not, due to allegations of this nature and a scandal at an AETC base. They have cameras all over the place at said training base. It's definitely cringy to me, but I understand why the Air Force had to turn a base into an online camera house. They have some rooms with microphones and some without, but they all have cameras. Everything can be seen. Why I don't say anything and avoid any woman in a uniform. Look at the ground when walking, oh crap. I looked up and a female was there...court martial for inappropriate eye contact?

Well...sure.  But there's also this:

he failed to report four suicide attempts, and pressured officials not to record some suicide attempts

Plus, what he said to/about the 1-stripe Amn is fucking UNSAT for a GO.

Edited by 17D_guy

Give me a break he made an off hand comment doesn’t deserve to be forced to retire. Everyone on this website has made a dumb comment in public don’t get holier than thou on me. And he apologized for it  

Forcing people to cover suicide attempts is way worse. 

Ill say it again why anyone would strive to become a commander in this climate baffles me. One mistake (even out of your control) and your career is DONE. D. O. N. E. 

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Well...sure.  But there's also this:

Plus, what he said to/about the 1-stripe Amn is ing UNSAT for a GO.

Agreed. I've done an investigation before where people just outright lie or change their story like in this article. However, we have ushered in a culture of you can't say anything at all and not offend someone. We are at the point where generations of fathers have served, but that is dying out. I wonder why...

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 1

But she was trying to recover from her mistake that she made after being in the AF for 6 months! The General who had served over 2 decades maybe embarrassed her! He deserves to be fired!

/sarcasm 

The suicide thing is definitely odd. But in today’s culture, I would almost guarantee it was the “sexual harassment” that got him fired.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

But she was trying to recover from her mistake that she made after being in the AF for 6 months! The General who had served over 2 decades maybe embarrassed her! He deserves to be fired!

/sarcasm 

The suicide thing is definitely odd. But in today’s culture, I would almost guarantee it was the “sexual harassment” that got him fired.

I'm curious about the suicide thing... Did he deliberately hide them, or did he miss a suspense in the timeline for reporting? Seems like a charge they just kind of piled on.

• Upvote 1

3 more bite the dust. 

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/10/31/three-commanders-fired-from-laughlin-flying-training-wing-for-failing-to-stop-misconduct/

Edit: Word from Laughlin is the wing cc, 47th ops group cc, 87th cc, and 87th do were all relieved. To be replaced with guys from other upt bases.

Edited by LiquidSky

“By failing to address incidents of dangerous behavior and a threatening environment, irresponsible alcohol consumption and disrespectful treatment of some students, these leaders did not establish and enforce a culture that upheld our Air Force core values,” Kwast continued.

Where do you even begin to make fun of this?

This is literally the worst move that the AF could ever do. The CC and DO are two of the best I’ve ever worked for!!!  The OG deserved it. I’m so glad that I’m now in the guard. Big Blue is so gone. Kwast has no idea what happened there, as far as I’m concerned he should be fired.

Rant over. 

9 hours ago, pawnman said:

Maybe the airman...should stop ing the husbands of her coworkers?

Next EPR bullet perhaps?

From the article, it said he disagreed with medical on a kid attempting suicide. Kid passed out twice doing drugs and drinking. Said individual said it wasn't a suicide attempt. Guess the kid likes to party hard.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

“a threatening environment, irresponsible alcohol consumption and disrespectful treatment of some students” isn’t too far off in my personal experience within my flight. That being said, I had a blast there (most of the time).

Edited by FishBowl
I’ll call firsthand shenanigans on my flight, not the entire squadron.
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FishBowl said:

“a threatening environment, irresponsible alcohol consumption and disrespectful treatment of some students” could be the mission statement of the 87th. That being said, I had a blast there (most of the time).

You know this is BS amigo. I was one of your IPs and was there for 5 years. Very professional environment. Your Flt/CC was terrible, but don’t shit on the rest of the Sqdn who worked hard and were very professional. Just because you got butthurt when you got JSTARS, don’t bash one of the most professional environments I’ve ever worked in during my 22 years in the military. 

• Like 1

Multiple events caused this. It’s sad to see what happened as the WG/CC is an amazing individual. He is truly one of the guys how loved taking care of his people and make XL a better place. There are a ton of people upset by his firing.

As for the other two I can not speak too much on as my interaction wasn’t much. I will say Gunny was loved by his squadron and there are a lot of people upset by his firing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk