The new airline thread

FUSEPLUG

I’m embarrassed for my Navy. He hit the bar before Toff?

Sitting left seat to him for that two hour flight, I’ll buy that Co a drink.  

All that talk with only 400 traps, pu$$y.  

ATIS  

Edited by ATIS
Didn’t spell ###### correctly

On 12/28/2017 at 9:11 PM, brabus said:

Maybe he won the manchester; unfortunately the camera was turned off before he delivered an epic bitch slap to the FO.  At least that's what I hope happened...or he's a giant douche.

Why would he bitch slap the FO for his douchey, long-winded PA?

Because in theory he could have made a joking statement like, "fuck you AF FO guy, I'm going to tell the passengers how badass I was in the Navy and why I'm such an awesome pilot"..."Manchester." And then he made good on the claim, thus slapping the FO. 

A quick lesson in Manchester...also nearing zero pk that's actually what happened, hence my sarcasm. 

On 12/14/2017 at 10:42 AM, flyusaf83 said:

I’m wondering if I just hurt or helped my future self, when I’ll be applying for an airline gig in 3 years.  I’m a T-6 FAIP, where I picked up 1,250 hours, with about 1,100 IP hours.  I’m just finishing up an E-3 assignment, where I’ll end up with around 1,100 hours, with about 700 PIC hours.

I just got a RIP to be a PIT IP.  I’m really excited about the assignment, but I’m not sure how it’ll affect the quality of my resume.  I’ll end up with around 3,300 total time (including UPT and some civilian time), but only around 1,200 multi-engine (700 multi PIC).  The good news is around 2,000 of my time will be IP.

Is that a competitive experience level now? What about in 3 years?

TIA.

Worst case scenario, you can do an E-11 tour.  

On 12/17/2017 at 8:07 PM, Buddy Spike said:

It's basically what the Navy Reserve already does.  Good luck with that.

The Navy training command guys have been fenced off from non-vol deployments for the past couple years.  Hopefully it stays that way.  

14 hours ago, baileynme said:

AETC guys were too... for about two months.

CNAFR (Aviation side of Navy reserve) did a carve-out (temporary but still ongoing) for pilots a few years back because the attrition rate was so high due to IAs (involuntary mobilizations).  How long that lasts no one really knows. 

5 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

AFRC white jet pilots are, yes.

Are AFRC white jet pilots under AETC for ADCON/OPCON or does AFRC own them?

New AETC/CC may change things, but I thought the previous CC had AETC owned IPs fenced off from deployments.

3 minutes ago, Homestar said:

New AETC/CC may change things, but I thought the previous CC had AETC owned IPs fenced off from deployments.

AFRC owns its people. And the guys in white jets are under the gun because grey jet pilots are already subject to 18 month rotations (and are currently shielded because of that). 

1 hour ago, Buddy Spike said:

AFRC owns its people. And the guys in white jets are under the gun because grey jet pilots are already subject to 18 month rotations (and are currently shielded because of that). 

White jet dudes deployed all the time when I was a UPT instructor, and this was only a few years ago.

White jet dudes deployed all the time when I was a UPT instructor, and this was only a few years ago.

There was a span where they were DAV64 coding dudes which essentially shielded them from deployments. It was a quarterly process and went up the chain, I believe AETC/CC, for approval. HAF/A3 got smart/pissed and stated the DAV64 no longer protected individuals if mission failure was on the line. Obviously, mission failure for Deid PowerPoint deployments is a debatable topic but General W won and got his white jet deployers back.

3 hours ago, Homestar said:

2 hours ago, matmacwc said:

We're conflating topics here gentlemen. AFRC white jet dude != AD white jet dude. Much to the grimacing of Active Duty, there is a difference, or at least there used to be one. Invol IA  for the institutional reserves is a game changer, and one that the sycophants at the puzzle palace seem to be seriously underestimating. 

AFRC does 22% of UPT/IFF/PIT pull on 17% of the effective manning. AETC is already on the record stating they cannot meet current production, let alone the surge, without the AFRC piece. Even the pipe dream of some in AETC, the elimination of the Reserve Associate IP Program, is statistical vaporware in a regAF already 2000 flyers in the red at-large.

Pulling this invol non-flying IA stunt will yield effective manning below 50% in the less desirable GSUs for the AFRC side, just like the Navy Reserve folks learned in the late 00s/early 10s, as @Buddy Spike already alluded to. 

The BL is that this will directly impact AETC's ability to come up with the pilot production surge HAF is clamoring for, especially in these new days of UPT-Next and other assorted faggotry. Regardless of the fact we all understand the AF has a retention problem and NOT a production one, the fact remains UPT is the flavor of the year for HAF, good bad or indifferent. This move will not help AETC. It would be ironic if they had any hand in suggesting this myopic COA to the HAF against their supporting MAJCOM (AFRC). I have not heard any supporting evidence that AETC had a hand in this, so I'll reserve judgement on that end.

At the end of the day, and as far as I'm concerned, AFRC just showed their cards. There's no going back now. There's is no amount of dollars they could throw at me in this environment to sign a retention agreement of any kind in the AFRC or ANG.

Maybe wiser heads will prevail, maybe not. But they are truly asleep at the wheel if they don't recognize the sheer attrition they're about to cause themselves by doubling down on this checkers-move decision that benefits neither AETC or AFRC, only CENTCOM. Biggest moral hazard I've seen in all my years in AFRC. This isn't bluffing, the Navy Res has all the data already. How the eff do you think we know? We hired their exodus!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, YoungnDumb said:

I'm curious to see how they think UPT can surge right now.  Vance is currently flying 4 of the next 6 weekends to catch on the timeline.  But whatever, they'll gladly sacrifice 30 pilots to produce 15.  But hey Delta is hiring right?

Phuck that....

3 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

... they'll gladly sacrifice 30 pilots to produce 15.  

Wing, OG, and SQ leadership get their grades (and promotions) based on how many they graduate on time, right?  

That's the metric.  

9 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

I'm curious to see how they think UPT can surge right now.  Vance is currently flying 4 of the next 6 weekends to catch on the timeline.  But whatever, they'll gladly sacrifice 30 pilots to produce 15.  But hey Delta is hiring right?

awesome.

"stanley, pack a lunch. this weekend our goal is to become proficient in max endurance at cruise ceiling and multi-engine jet PIC"

• Like 1