Anyone want to fly for the Thunderbirds? I hear there is an opening...ouch.

ClearedHot

"He may have flunked the 'near-miss' part of the high-speed aerobatic pass, caused the death of a man with 17 years' flight experience when he sheared the wing off of Cmdr. Hickock's plane, vomited into his helmet, panicked, inverted the aircraft with the throttles maxed, and hit Mach 1 just before crashing into bleachers full of spectators with almost a full load of fuel," Blue Angels commanding officer Brock Saxon said. "But he nailed the steep climb and the steep dive, and he certainly had showmanship. If there's one thing I keep telling my cadets, it's that you can't teach enthusiasm. I think we all learned a little something about the power of raw enthusiasm here today."

Edited by Hopefulflyer389

Know a bro who came from the T-Birds a few months back.  As he tells it this guy routinely busted min alts and other safety things like getting too close to the crowds.  In addition, he was not open to any critique from the team.

I wondered about that. When I saw the show at Altus, there was something that occurred that made me think it looked more dangerous than previous shows. I thought it was because the few I saw before were at Nellis and they have terrain to deal with. The solos here seemed ridiculously low, and if I remember correctly on one pass the diamond came across pretty close after a solo pass which I hadn’t seen before.

I was the announcer for the Boise Airshow in October.  I hadn't seen the 'birds in over 2 years.  Both days, the shows were excellent, and the team was in tune.  

I don't know what their rules/limits/altitudes are, but it looked better than in previous years.  

16 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

The solos here seemed ridiculously low

"Ridiculously"?  You've not seen The Patriots.  For example, check out #2's low pass at the 39 second point.  Pretty standard for him. 

And all the low maneuvering is without a HUD and flightpath marker.  

2017_ICAS_App_PJT_Video.mp4

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pawnman said:

Might not be JUST the crashes, but that many that close are an indicator of a poor risk management culture.

You do realize the crash in CSprings took place before he was ever on the team... right?

12 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

You do realize the crash in CSprings took place before he was ever on the team... right?

But in standard AF CYA, dog piling events is right out of the Management 3-1.  "You're fired for what we think you did, what they think you did, for what we think your inside thoughts think you did, and what the media thinks anyone ever did."

Out

15 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The story is getting more bizarre by the day. 

Supposedly there was team meet and greet that included the families.  #1 and #3 get into a heated argument and punches were thrown in front of the families...

#1 made a remix of dos gringos and #3 was not impressed with “Balled of Thunderbird 3-looking left”? 

-sarcasm 

• Upvote 1