What's keeping me from a job?

cwjones517

OK, so I have interviewed twice (once at my home unit and another elsewhere) now with no luck.

At the beginning, I thought I was a competitive candidate but now I am starting to doubt myself.

Quick facts:

-Been a loadmaster in the Guard for 7 years,

-Private Pilot (66.1 Hours)

-College Grad, BBA in Business Economics, 3.16 GPA

-AFOQT:

85 Pilot

82 Navigator

90 Academic Aptitude

99 Verbal

61 Quantitative

PCSM Score of 81.

Also, I felt like I knocked both interviews out of the park when I left but apparently not.

You're probably just an asshole and haven't figured it out yet.

Seriously though, everyone at the interviews should have similar scores/resume. Even if you're a good fit, maybe someone was a better fit. Maybe they're hiring dudes from within the unit. Maybe they hired a dude who has been rushing the unit for a long time.

You never know. Don't worry about it, just keep working towards it and if it works out great. If not, you're probably just an asshole...

• Haha 1

Stay positive... UPT is going to be a lot more challenging than two interviews. Thank the unit for letting you visit (which you should do before the interview) and giving you an interview, and then ask for feedback. If they don't want to give feedback, don't push the issue. Bring booze, don't be a douche, and everything else that's been said 69 million times before on the forums.

Stay the course and good luck.

Edited by tk1313

• 2 months later...
OK, so I have interviewed twice (once at my home unit and another elsewhere) now with no luck.
At the beginning, I thought I was a competitive candidate but now I am starting to doubt myself.

Quick facts:
     -Been a loadmaster in the Guard for 7 years,
     -Private Pilot (66.1 Hours)
     -College Grad, BBA in Business Economics, 3.16 GPA
-AFOQT:
     85 Pilot
     82 Navigator
     90 Academic Aptitude
     99 Verbal
     61 Quantitative
PCSM Score of 81.

Also, I felt like I knocked both interviews out of the park when I left but apparently not.

Applied to 50 boards and did 7 interviews before I got picked up. Continue to press.
  • Upvote 1

Keep trying. You don't have enough evidence to conclusively say what "the problem" is (assuming there actually is a problem).

If you're worried it's your personality, then just remember to be confident, but the weapons school motto is "humble, credible, approachable" for a reason. Try to embody those traits.

failure to success Winter Group.jpg

• Upvote 1