Stop over point

HeyWatchThis

Quick question and I apologize if this had been covered before....

We are being told the "New" definition of a stop over point now forced you to get Per diem for where the jet is at midnight not where you crew rest...

In point we have a trip where we drop into Guam to pick up pax, etc (cross midnight while doing so) and them go on to Hawaii for crew rest.  Our good idea fairy in the FM shop wants us to get Guam Per diem instead of Hawaii where we are crew resting...

Are we missing something here?  Is this happening to other squadrons?  To us it doesn't make any sense......we should be getting Per diem based on where we pay for a hotel, food, etc?

You are missing something. You’re missing a great opportunity to hold at convenient points, crossing midnight 99 times per leg and making yourself entitled to 99x Guam per diem... as long as we’re making up rules. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

Start by reading the JTR.

Trust me I have....been doing it for 2 days now.....this person has read paragraph 0203 that says "Per diem allowance rates are based on the TDY location, stopover point, or other authorized official duty points, but not on lodging location.  Ordinarily per diem is based on a travellers TDY location at 2400 hours (midnight)."  and taken it as law and it being the ONLY option for perdiem....

I've found the tables in Chapter 2 that further explain per diem being based on stop.over/tdy location....

At this point I'm trying to gather as much ammo for leadership as possible hence the thread post... 

Edited by HeyWatchThis