T-38 Down @ DLF

FishBowl

http://www.laughlin.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1379551/pilot-killed-in-t-38-crash-identified/

LAUGHLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Texas --

The members involved in the T-38 Talon crash from Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas, on Nov. 20, 2017 have been identified.

The deceased, Capt. Paul J. Barbour, 32, was the air crew flight equipment flight commander with the 47th Operations Support Squadron and an instructor pilot with the 87th Flying Training Squadron. He was from Van Nuys, Calif., and is survived by his spouse, mother, father and sister.

Injured was Capt. Joshua Hammervold, an instructor pilot for the 87th FTS. He was transported to Val Verde Regional Medical Center where he was treated for his injuries.  He was released on Tuesday and is in good condition.

Edited by LiquidSky

I flew with him as a young nav and ran into him again as a 38 stud at DLF. I saw him in the hall not 15 minutes before we stepped to fly on Monday and we talked about hopefully flying 4-ship together for old times sake. One of the most gregarious, over the top, talk your ear off for hours larger than life guys I've ever known. F*ck,  this one hurts.  I'll miss you brother. :beer:

Edited by gohornsgo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I knew him in field training and ran into him again during pilot training. What a great dude. Made field training a riot, and great support for a dude trying to figure out the transition from navy 34s to the 38. Very sad day in the aviation industry. He will truly be missed.

Him him.