Post-Select Pre-MEPS Process (ANG)

Hey all- I'm an off the street select at an ANG unit. 

I was put in touch with the unit's recruiter and had one conversation with him about a month ago. I still haven't heard back. I haven't provided him any additional documents either.  This is all pre-MEPS/FC1.

Do you have any suggested plan of action if you were in this situation?

I know about the waiting game, but when phones go silent, and emails aren't responded to I get anxious.

I am considering waiting another month and then reaching out to the pilot hiring board and the chief pilot.

Any suggestions? Should I call the other recruiters at the unit? In the mean time I'm finishing the last hours of my PPL.

1 hour ago, huntfishvote said:

Hey all- I'm an off the street select at an ANG unit. 

I was put in touch with the unit's recruiter and had one conversation with him about a month ago. I still haven't heard back. I haven't provided him any additional documents either.  This is all pre-MEPS/FC1.

Do you have any suggested plan of action if you were in this situation?

I know about the waiting game, but when phones go silent, and emails aren't responded to I get anxious.

I am considering waiting another month and then reaching out to the pilot hiring board and the chief pilot.

Any suggestions? Should I call the other recruiters at the unit? In the mean time I'm finishing the last hours of my PPL.

Dude...you got hired. Friggin' show up to drill and get your shit done. The guys hired in on my board who aren't willing to commute aren't nearly as far along in the process because they don't show up to drill. It's all about face time with the right people.

Edited by GDAL
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GDAL said:

Dude...you got hired. Friggin' show up to drill and get your shit done. The guys hired in on my board who aren't willing to commute aren't nearly as far along in the process because they don't show up to drill. It's all about face time with the right people.

Thanks. I didn't know you can just "show up."  They didn't let any applicant show up to visit before the last board. Not a single interviewee was let on base prior to the interview. I think you're right though. I gotta just show up and make it happen. I'm not local but a 2.5 hour drive isn't bad at all. Thank you, sir.

30 minutes ago, huntfishvote said:

Thanks. I didn't know you can just "show up."  They didn't let any applicant show up to visit before the last board. Not a single interviewee was let on base prior to the interview. I think you're right though. I gotta just show up and make it happen. I'm not local but a 2.5 hour drive isn't bad at all. Thank you, sir.

No worries. I'm just another dude in your same situation. I have a 2.5 hour drive and I show up every drill. You should swear in ASAP and then you'll get paid to show up to drill (probably as an E3) and get free lodging. Just make sure you're on the Student Flight Roster before you make the drive. PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by GDAL