Sign in to follow this  
ClearedHot

Texas Church Shooting

58 minutes ago, Hacker said:

The Lautenberg Amedment is grade-A bullshit.

Anyone who has sworn an oath to protect and defend the Constitution should have a problem with the government having the ability to completely remove a Constitutionally-protected right to people who have not been convicted of anything

It should make your skin crawl every time you even see these forms and it reminds you of the mere existence of this law.

As written, sure.

Completely unnecessary?  It depends...

Speaking from a very personal perspective.

13 hours ago, Hacker said:

The Lautenberg Amedment is grade-A bullshit.

Anyone who has sworn an oath to protect and defend the Constitution should have a problem with the government having the ability to completely remove a Constitutionally-protected right to people who have not been convicted of anything

It should make your skin crawl every time you even see these forms and it reminds you of the mere existence of this law.

Last winter an acquaintance in a southern state whose now ex Bat Sh!t crazy wife accused him of abuse had the local sheriff show up based on a mere accusation and they carted off every gun he had down to some antiques from the 1800s. Finally the "system" figured out how crazy she really was and I think it was 6 months later got them back. As I understand it even the deputy who came to pick them up had a suspicion it was bogus but had to do it as a matter of orders from above.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, M2 said:

Full supporter of 2A, and carry (to include OC'ing) as much as I can.  Too bad the USAF doesn't understand what "shall not be infringed" means, but as I still have to bring home the paycheck, it's a risk I have to accept.  Otherwise, I'm usually packing a 5.25" XD-M with 13+1 rounds of .45 ACP (plus a second mag).  True, the shooter had an AR and would definitely have an edge on my with my every day carry gun; but at least I would have a chance to defend myself and even more importantly, those I love.

I like my XD-M in 9mm 3.8" barrel. Easier to conceal for me and 5.25" in .45 might have someone accuse me of trying to compensate for something.:mosh: Seriously  my last pistol was a .45 and the mag catch gave up the ghost after many years of use and I searched high and low including Brownell's and no joy for a replacement. So after some debate I went with a 9mm for ammo availability and performance in modern 9mm rounds seems to be pretty good especially +P rounds. My impression is people (military types)are now carrying, very discreetly mind you, even in places traditionally off limits.  That said, lets face it the transition on and off base is a hazard too because the bad guys know that most people coming and going aren't carrying. As I recall back in the 93 a Pakistani killed 2 waiting in their vehicles to enter CIA headquarters. Large arenas that have metal detectors are another example of how you might prevent an attack on the inside but how about people making a long walk to and from their vehicles with money and other valuables at night and the bad guys know they aren't going to be armed either.

12 hours ago, matmacwc said:

If they do it in a hurry what are the chances they mess it up?

We've already gotten pressed that "this has high visibility" due to "national story" and we need to figure out how to modify the network to share our fingerprint database, other info.

Little late now...

• Upvote 1

We've already gotten pressed that "this has high visibility" due to "national story" and we need to figure out how to modify the network to share our fingerprint database, other info.
Little late now...

But TV shows tell me that they can get any fingerprint data from the DoD so that can’t be true!

12 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

But TV shows tell me that they can get any fingerprint data from the DoD so that can’t be true!

Turn off NCIS grandpa...

14 hours ago, matmacwc said:

If they do it in a hurry what are the chances they mess it up?

Almost 100%.  But given the track record so far, the chances of NOT messing it up don't really improve with time.  So, may as well do it quickly.

8 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Little late now...

Ahhh yes....now that the AF might look bad, time to take action!

7 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

Sarcasm detector inop.

Was not, Sir.  I just love posting the video.

I read somewhere that the UCMJ charge the asshole was convicted under didn't translate exactly over to the civil laws that help prevent abusers from passing background checks for a gun.  So you may see a change to the UCMJ to help fix the glitch.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, thousands of billable hours are being spent reporting crimes to civil databases.  I can't wait to see MyIDcare ping a bunch of nearby sex offenders.

Out

• Upvote 1

There is a certain Baptist church in these here parts where the preacher has a gun under his bible during the sermon. Open carry is welcome and has been for several years.

• Like 1