Letters of Recommendation

umaerograd

Question

Hey everyone,  new to the forums and trying to absorb all the great information here.  I’m a current AD Navy guy trying to get into a Reserve/Guard unit.  

Anyways, I looked around and couldn’t find a specific answer to my question.  Since I will Be basically shotgunning resumes and application packets to several different units over the next year, my question pertains to formatting for the LORs.

I’m in the process of gathering my letters from multiple sources, however, I am unsure of how to format and address them.  Obviously I know I need to put the specific fighter unit and/or squadron commander on it.  However, since I am using these letters to send to multiple units, what is the best way to address them or is there one?  Without having the people writing them, re-address it for each board? (Keep in mind some boards have not published their dates or POCs yet).  Will a generic “TO: (Squadron) Commander, UPT Hiring Board” Work is there a better way?

Hopefully that makes sense and my apologies if this has been asked before.  

1 answer to this question

I had mine put: MEMORANDUM FOR AIR FORCE OFFICER SELECTION BOARD ... To Whom It May Concern:

Some boards wanted it formatted and addressed a specific way. I'd recommend asking your LORs to give you a Word document format of the letter under the stipulation that all you're changing is the heading, date, and who it is addressed to. If they're comfortable, they'll let you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1