Sign in to follow this  
PilotCandidate

Florida ANG

1 hour ago, Hopefulflyer389 said:

You'll need to reach out to them.

This right here!  As someone who has ran the hiring board for a fighter squadron and sat on many hiring boards, I am noticing a increasing trend in this type of attitude.  

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

This right here!  As someone who has ran the hiring board for a fighter squadron and sat on many hiring boards, I am noticing a increasing trend in this type of attitude.  

??  Which attitude ??

It seems like maybe you meant the OP, but you quoted Hopefulyflyer suggesting the OP contact them. 

@Hopefulflyer389 Thank you for taking the time to post that link.

I have reached out multiple times over the past few weeks but have not been able to get in contact (aside from confirmation of received application). The intention of my post was to establish contact with members other than the posted POC.

I wanted to begin developing relationships who might, in turn, be able to provide information and/or contact with those on the board.

My original post may have been initially misunderstood. 

Again, appreciate the input from all.

@SocialD @JeremiahWeed

5 hours ago, JeremiahWeed said:

??  Which attitude ??

It seems like maybe you meant the OP, but you quoted Hopefulyflyer suggesting the OP contact them. 

By saying "this right here," I was agreeing with Hopefulflyer, which is why I quoted him.  He needs to reach out to them.  

3 hours ago, PilotCandidate said:

I have reached out multiple times over the past few weeks but have not been able to get in contact (aside from confirmation of received application). The intention of my post was to establish contact with members other than the posted POC.

Find a phone number and call them, a quick google search found 4 numbers to try.  Just tell whoever answers, that you'd like to be transfered to OPS.  Then tell whoever answers that number, that you'd like to talk to a pilot about becoming a pilot or visiting.  Every squadron is different in how they do things.  Some squadrons let people come out every drill, others hold "meet & greets."  They will likely not reach out to you.  Best of luck! 

On 9/26/2017 at 6:53 AM, SocialD said:

Damn millennials, its what happens when everyone gets a trophy.

We've been deployed.  Just returned this week and last.  Give them some time to return to ops normal.  

Wait, wait, wait... C models deploy? I keed.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, it was the most 'cush' deployment I've been on.  I'll take a TSP boondoggle to Europe any day of the week.  It was a good way to have a last hurrah before I punch.

Back to OP: Give it a week or two while the guys cycle thru leave, etc. and play catch up at home plate.

ETA: Deadline is tomorrow. Better get on it if you haven't submitted your packet.

Edited by Marco

5 hours ago, Marco said:

Not gonna lie, it was the most 'cush' deployment I've been on.  I'll take a TSP boondoggle to Europe any day of the week.  It was a good way to have a last hurrah before I punch.

Funny.  We have guys about to punch BECAUSE they keep sending us on TSPs.  Dudes are sick of leaving their families, and taking HUGE paycuts, to go fly CT...  If they keep sending us on these, I won't be staying a day past 20.  

9 hours ago, Marco said:

Back to OP: Give it a week or two while the guys cycle thru leave, etc. and play catch up at home plate.

ETA: Deadline is tomorrow. Better get on it if you haven't submitted your packet.

Thanks for the heads up! Ill reach out again in a week or so.

My app was submitted a while ago so no worries on that end. Was just wondering what my next step should be. I definitely don't want to be "that guy" who keeps calling and emailing every couple of days with no response.

42 minutes ago, PilotCandidate said:

Jack, Johnny Black, and Jameson. Got it.

Jeremiah Weed by the case & a good quality Scotch like Glenlivet or Oban.  If you're gonna butter em' up, do it right... Noobs.  

5 hours ago, SocialD said:

Funny.  We have guys about to punch BECAUSE they keep sending us on TSPs.  Dudes are sick of leaving their families, and taking HUGE paycuts, to go fly CT...  If they keep sending us on these, I won't be staying a day past 20.  

I'm sure I'd be in the same boat but I'm on the way out anyway, so a TSP was a nice way to bow out versus going to the Mid East or any other shithole I've been to in the past. YMMV, I was ready to get home about halfway thru, but I own a business, and was ready to get back to it. I tried to use the time to focus on some work that eluded my attention bc of distractions at home plate and trying to be a good dad and husband.  Got a lot done actually. To that end, I'm looking forward to handing in my paperwork in November. It's been a good run.  

• Upvote 2