Sign in to follow this  
HU&W

RIP Doc

brabus    519

Nothing here or elsewhere on the internet will be more than wild speculation; recommend leave it to those other guys and not here. Let's focus on the man and the family he left behind. Nickel on the grass for Doc. If you desire to help, check out the you caring link at the top in HU&W's post. :beer:

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 3

Hacker    674

Terrific nickel-on-the-grass and piano burn for Doc last night at the Nellis Club, fitting for a man like Doc.

As said, if you want to help, go hit that youcaring link to help out Julie and the family.

• Upvote 4

Steve Davies    143
On 18/09/2017 at 2:19 AM, Bergman said:

I interviewed both of the widows of the two pilots killed in the Constant Peg programme. Their stories are heart wrenching and their emotions were raw even after the passage of so many years. It took 30 years for one of them to find out how, where and what her husband was doing when he died. The other had a pretty good idea what her husband was doing, as I suspect the Schultz family does, but that's not the same as knowing for sure, and it's not the same as getting real answers.

"Doc" Schultz may have made the ultimate sacrifice, and I doff my hat to him, but his wife and five children are the ones who must live with the consequences. In my mind, they are the real heroes.

My thoughts go out to them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

TreeA10    369

Steve,

After reading your book "Red Eagles", I was visiting a neighbor and discussing your book.  His eyes got kind of big and he took me into his "I love me" room with all of his memorabilia from his military career.  There was a Red Hat patch on the wall along with a variety of instruments like altimeters, airspeed indicators of Russian extraction along with a couple MiG models on his desk.  I hope Doc's family will eventually hear the story of how unique and important his job was to our nation and to  the survival of his fellow aviators who may have to face those threats.

• Like 1