Static Display for Lake Havasu AirFest

HuggyU2

They are looking for military statics for this AirFest.  Small ramp area, so can't bring in the big aircraft.  T-6, any fighter, or some of that AFSOC stuff that is different and cool.  

One-day show, 4 Nov, sponsored by Hangar 24 Craft Beer.  Concert on ramp after the show.  

Non-towered airport, 8001x100 runway, FBO has contract fuel.  Arrive Friday, or come in Saturday morning.  Show doesn't start until ~1300.  

Ping me for details if you think you might want to show up.  

I've taken an ACC T-38 to a non-towered airport in the past.  I cannot recall where the "you must have a tower" rule is... but in my case, Squadron and Group leadership allowed it.  

What's the waiver authority in AETC for a T-6 to do this?  

1 hour ago, HuggyU2 said:

I've taken an ACC T-38 to a non-towered airport in the past.  I cannot recall where the "you must have a tower" rule is... but in my case, Squadron and Group leadership allowed it.  

What's the waiver authority in AETC for a T-6 to do this?  

It's the OG for a one-off landing at an uncontrolled field from what I remember.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, HuggyU2 said:

They had a T-6 lined up, but that just fell through.  A good opportunity for one of you T-6 instructors to jump in.  

Huggy, can you PM me some contact info?  There's a T-6 FAIP in our sister squadron who I know would be interested in and is planning on applying for U-2's in the near future, so I'm sure he'll jump at this opportunity.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:25 AM, Day Man said:

saw a bottle of Pugachev's Cobra for sale at a liquor store in CA last week...almost pulled the trigger, but the $35 price tag scared me away

Worth it!

Although you can usually get it for 20-ish at BevMo or Total Wine.

They usually release around the holidays, that's when all the breweries here release their top-shelf imperial barrel-aged stuff.

$35 was what I saw Ballast Point charging for theirs, but they charge $15 for a 6-pack...

On 9/14/2017 at 6:00 AM, YoungnDumb said:

Huggy, can you PM me some contact info?  There's a T-6 FAIP in our sister squadron who I know would be interested in and is planning on applying for U-2's in the near future, so I'm sure he'll jump at this opportunity.

Reply sent.

There will be at least 6 current or former U-2 pilots at the show.  Trying to get a few more to come down.  

On 9/17/2017 at 11:50 AM, Clayton Bigsby said:

Worth it!

Although you can usually get it for 20-ish at BevMo or Total Wine.

They usually release around the holidays, that's when all the breweries here release their top-shelf imperial barrel-aged stuff.

$35 was what I saw Ballast Point charging for theirs, but they charge $15 for a 6-pack...

Yeah, $35 is a little steep (even for me) for an unknown beer.

• 2 weeks later...

To accommodate those that cannot operate "uncontrolled", they are going to have a TFR on Sunday from ~1130-1230 (tentative, but it will be close to this) for military aircraft that want to depart.  The Air Boss will have control of the TFR, just like he will on Friday and Saturday for the military flyovers/demos.

If that changes your ability to attend the show as a static, let me know.  Still looking for more flyovers too.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hangar 24 AirFest - Havasu is 27 October 2018.  

Looking for aircraft to support statics AND flyovers.  Yes, it's SAF/PA approved.  

For you Luke, DM, TUS, and Nellis folks:  you could have your families join you for the weekend.  

Pretty laid back event, put on by the 84th largest craft beer company in America.