Finance won't pay DLA or TLE

rancormac

Off the street guard hire, just PCSd to home unit after finishing B Course. 

Finance is refusing to pay DLA because they are considering it my "final PCS"

I also had to stay in a hotel / friends couch for 20 days because my HHG shipment was 3 weeks late delivery. I tried to claim 10 days TLE and they are also not paying, stating the "final PCS" reason

I've read the JTR... I think I'm eligible for both. Anyone have other interpretations of it?

Without even looking at the reg I'd say you're correct. If you have a 10 year commitment how do they know it's your final PCS? You could switch guard or reserve units at some point. Final PCS is for separation/retirement. I've had to fight multiple times to be paid what I was entitled to, go to the first officer in the chain and don't take no for an answer.

2 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

Without even looking at the reg I'd say you're correct. If you have a 10 year commitment how do they know it's your final PCS? You could switch guard or reserve units at some point. Final PCS is for separation/retirement. I've had to fight multiple times to be paid what I was entitled to, go to the first officer in the chain and don't take no for an answer.

The finance O-5 is currently telling me I'm not entitled 

Man we fought that for years.  Let me guess, he's using the statement about when you PCS to the PLEAD?  When I PCS'd home from Luke our comptroller said the same thing.  He actually said to me that every other guard unit that gave their guys DLA  (12 units that I counted) was wrong and that he was right....

Many of us fought it up to the point where the next step was the IG.  Every other base was giving guys their DLA.  Finally a new FM took over and agreed with us and they backpayed about 8 of us...with one dude missing the statute of limitations by a few months.  

The point we emphasized with the new comptroller is that we were staying on orders for almost 2 years for seasoning.  Best of luck, I wish I could offer more, but we only got it because a new FM interpreted it differently.   

Edited by SocialD
F'n phone autocorrect.