GI Bill - USAFA grad transferring benefits

herkbier

I'm a 2009 USAFA grad with a UPT ADSC that expires in May 2021. In July of 2015 I transferred my benefits to my wife. Earlier this year, I transferred one month to my kids. I am considering getting out when my ADSC is up (will likely try to Palace Chase prior). 

I understand that I didn't actually start earning post 9/11 benefits until I completed my USAFA service commitment in 2014. According to the VA website, you have to six years of service before you can transfer. 

My question is, has anyone had a problem where the VA denied benefits because they were transferred only a year after the USAFA commitment is complete? The rule seems clear to me, but I have this feeling I'm missing something or the VA will interpret the rule differently when it comes time to use the benefits for my kids. 

Short answer : no, there shouldn't be any issue.  

Im also an 09 guy, and transferred my benefits to my wife in late 2015/early 2016 (I don't remember exactly when), and she used a few months of benefits to finish up her degree in late 2016/early 2017. 

The six years they refer to is from commissioning, has nothing to do with commitments of any kind. As far as spouse vs kids using benefits, it shouldn't matter since you've already transferred all your benefits to your wife.