Jump to content
matmacwc

What is right with the Air Force

Recommended Posts


The blame for not keeping E-9s in their lane falls on the O-6s who empower them.

Yes...and we are full circle to poor leadership...err...management again being the root cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else had their base migrate to Office 365 for email? My 100 MB inbox is now a 100 GB inbox. 

Actually, now that I think about it I’m not sure if this belongs in the What’s Right or What’s Wrong thread.... 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

You're welcome

Can you make the new e-mail system work on my iPad (again)?  In AMC we could get the old e-mail system on our iPad.  It was super convenient for the short time we had it (pre-migration).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Homestar said:

My 100 MB inbox is now a 100 GB inbox. 

In addition, it seems DFAS has stopped sending me monthly e-mails telling me I need to opt out of the new retirement system for which I'm not even eligible.  

That leaves even more space in my inbox for CGOC dumbfuckery (again - not eligible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColoradoAviator said:

Can you make the new e-mail system work on my iPad (again)?  In AMC we could get the old e-mail system on our iPad.  It was super convenient for the short time we had it (pre-migration).

Or through the portal so we can access it while on the road/deployed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColoradoAviator said:

Can you make the new e-mail system work on my iPad (again)?  In AMC we could get the old e-mail system on our iPad.  It was super convenient for the short time we had it (pre-migration).

 

26 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Or through the portal so we can access it while on the road/deployed?

I'm at some training, but let me ask around.  I know this was an issue last year, I hope they've cleared it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Homestar said:

Has anyone else had their base migrate to Office 365 for email? My 100 MB inbox is now a 100 GB inbox. 

Actually, now that I think about it I’m not sure if this belongs in the What’s Right or What’s Wrong thread.... 🤔

It's about effing time.  90mb is a joke.  Hell, the Army, with half their folks not knowing what a gb is, doles out 4gigs to everyone.

Now - brace yourself for that old crusty civilian shotgun emailing 10mb flyers for the Friday afternoon donut sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

webmail links, try these, lemme know
 

-External is for a personal computer or a government computer, connected to commercial internet, not using VPN

https://cp.mail.us.af.mil

-Internal URL is for your government computer connected to base network or using commercial internet connection with VPN

https://webmail.apps.mil

Edited by 17D_guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Homestar said:

Has anyone else had their base migrate to Office 365 for email? My 100 MB inbox is now a 100 GB inbox.

This is going to ruin my technique of sending myself a ginormous powerpoint file every time I want to shut off my Outlook queep for a few days.

... just remember to also delete it out of your sent items when ready to go again...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy pilgrim said:

This is going to ruin my technique of sending myself a ginormous powerpoint file every time I want to shut off my Outlook queep for a few days.

... just remember to also delete it out of your sent items when ready to go again...

Don't worry, the network will be down enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MDDieselPilot said:

It's about effing time.  90mb is a joke.  Hell, the Army, with half their folks not knowing what a gb is, doles out 4gigs to everyone.

Now - brace yourself for that old crusty civilian shotgun emailing 10mb flyers for the Friday afternoon donut sale.

My favorite are the CGOC bakesale, “mentoring session,” or circle jerk session sent by the CGOC President..who also happens to be a finance LT, no wonder our finance shop is a mess/ never open/ takes 2 months to process vouchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dream big said:

My favorite are the CGOC bakesale, “mentoring session,” or circle jerk session sent by the CGOC President..who also happens to be a finance LT, no wonder our finance shop is a mess/ never open/ takes 2 months to process vouchers. 

This!

I’m pissed off watching Airmen shirk duties for the sake of extracurricular activities, often on the backs of other Airmen. My last office had a SNCO who was too busy doing other shit and pawning off her work on others to make the time for it while complaining about how busy she was. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, SocialD said:

Don't worry, the network will be down enough...

Try the share drive being down for 8 damn days. Nobody wanted to work over the last 4 day weekend to fix it. Can you imagine Google, Apple, or Microsoft network drives being down for 8 days?

Me: Hey sir, my phone and truck radio is blowing up because we are under a tornado watch with one spotted nearby. 

Leadership: The airmen probably went home early on a Friday (standard), that's why the sirens on base aren't being sounded. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

webmail links, try these, lemme know
 

-External is for a personal computer or a government computer, connected to commercial internet, not using VPN

https://cp.mail.us.af.mil

-Internal URL is for your government computer connected to base network or using commercial internet connection with VPN

https://webmail.apps.mil

No luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Try the share drive being down for 8 damn days. Nobody wanted to work over the last 4 day weekend to fix it. Can you imagine Google, Apple, or Microsoft network drives being down for 8 days?

Me: Hey sir, my phone and truck radio is blowing up because we are under a no tornado watch with one spotted nearby. 

Leadership: The airmen probably went home early on a Friday (standard), that's why the sirens on base aren't being sounded. 

At Apple it isn’t, because you’d lose money. The government gets away at being inefficient because it’s not designed to make money, just spend it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, war007afa said:

This!

I’m pissed off watching Airmen shirk duties for the sake of extracurricular activities, often on the backs of other Airmen. My last office had a SNCO who was too busy doing other shit and pawning off her work on others to make the time for it while complaining about how busy she was. 

It's all about the incentives. You get more of the behaviors you reward, and less of the behaviors you punish.

The willingness to do things like CGOC early in their careers is probably a contributing factor in why MSG officers promote at a higher rate than aviators, even in the midst of a rated manning crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI there is a huge circle jerk going on right now on the MAF mentoring Facebook page if you are into that kinda thing. Good news guys, apparently everything is going great now in the AF and it is 100% our fault that Lieutenants are now jaded. It’s crazy to me how fast we all turn into a bunch of pu$$y, yes men when talking to Generals. Also Guardian, Fingers does care according to everyone on the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason that the Lt’s are jaded is because all of their true mentors are bailing for the airlines at their first opportunity then reporting home about how stress-free their lives now are.  Not because of what they are reading on BODN. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Word is they are releasing ALFA tour bros from RPAs. Just in time too. Someone thought it was a great idea to turn Grand Forks AFB into a reconnaissance wing in the short term future. You think people want to be stationed in the Midwest in -20 temperatures with winter practically 6-8 months out of the year? Brilliant!

With all due respect, EABOD. I spent six years at Minot. I would have given my left nut (if it hadn't gotten frostbite and fallen off first) to move the bombers to GFAFB. Grand Forks is a garden spot compared to Minot. And I say that as someone that liked Minot.

Also help me understand something here... As a nav type, I was under the impression that all the pilots non-vol'ed to RPA land went to Preds and Reapers. I didn't realize there were a lot of people in Global Hawks that didn't want to be there. (I also assumed Grand Forks vs. Beale was another story when it comes to voluntarism...) True or false?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Disco_Nav963 said:

With all due respect, EABOD. I spent six years at Minot. I would have given my left nut (if it hadn't gotten frostbite and fallen off first) to move the bombers to GFAFB. Grand Forks is a garden spot compared to Minot. And I say that as someone that liked Minot.

Also help me understand something here... As a nav type, I was under the impression that all the pilots non-vol'ed to RPA land went to Preds and Reapers. I didn't realize there were a lot of people in Global Hawks that didn't want to be there. (I also assumed Grand Forks vs. Beale was another story when it comes to voluntarism...) True or false?

Just because a place sucks less doesn't mean it doesn't suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Just because a place sucks less doesn't mean it doesn't suck. 

Fair... But if we go to the binary scale (not saying we shouldn't), probably 69% of bases suck. 

And I'm completely sympathetic to the idea that since we've dicked down hundreds of people for over a decade with non-vol RPA assignments, the least we can do is funnel that mission to desirable bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Word is they are releasing ALFA tour bros from RPAs. Just in time too. Someone thought it was a great idea to turn Grand Forks AFB into a reconnaissance wing in the short term future. You think people want to be stationed in the Midwest in -20 temperatures with winter practically 6-8 months out of the year? Brilliant!

I definitely enjoyed Ellsworth more than Dyess... So maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just FYI there is a huge circle jerk going on right now on the MAF mentoring Facebook page if you are into that kinda thing. Good news guys, apparently everything is going great now in the AF and it is 100% our fault that Lieutenants are now jaded. It’s crazy to me how fast we all turn into a bunch of pu$$y, yes men when talking to Generals. Also Guardian, Fingers does care according to everyone on the page.

What the fvck did I just read on there? Isn’t the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem? Also, no FGO is “poisoning the well;” our leadership has already done that. I don’t go out of my way to complain in front of Lts, but I’m totally frank with them when they ask questions.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×