RW_LEO

Customs and Border Protection Air Interdiction Agent

Initially, you will be assigned to a UAS location. All of our UAS locations have manned aircraft and all AIA's are required to maintain flight proficiency; not just currency. I have no idea what "proficiency" equates to in flight hours. I am not a UAS pilot and would probably not accept assignment to a UAS station as a manned aircraft pilot.

If interested, send me a message and I will get you in touch with someone at the branch. I do not want to give you bad information.

Edited by RW_LEO

What are your chances of getting placed in Montana as a new guy? How many pilots are at each Aviation Unit?

8 minutes ago, airsigncutter said:

Three pilots were just Directed out of Montana. It's not an option for new employees.

Do you know where they were directed to go?

All of the directed relocations were to McAllen, Laredo, or Puerto Rico. It is my understanding that all three pilots in Montana resigned instead of accepting the relocation.

15 hours ago, airsigncutter said:

All of the directed relocations were to McAllen, Laredo, or Puerto Rico. It is my understanding that all three pilots in Montana resigned instead of accepting the relocation.

Shocking.  Again, the vast majority of prior military pilots who have other decent options (airlines, medflights, etc) aren't begging to have these federal flying jobs.