Customs and Border Protection Air Interdiction Agent

RW_LEO

• 3 years later...
10 hours ago, Props said:

any A1As in the house

I think they’re all down on Beachfront Avenue in their new 5.0, but if you stop, collaborate, and listen, I bet you can get some good career advice. Good luck.

Edited by nunya
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Props said:

Thread revival. Are there any AIAs in the house I can DM? Getting up to date information on the program has been challenging. Thanks 

What question do you have? I worked with them for 5 years. Miami and Houston branches. 

As far as pilots go. They were all military retirees. Working on their second pension. They use to have non pilots in the back. But when I left they got rid of those guys and it was all pilots onboard.

I can’t remember the name of the system. But as GS employees they got paid automatic overtime all the time. For being on call during the week.

I believe they shutdown down the Houston branch after I left. And moved the assets close to the border.

For someone new, they have some real garden spots 

https://www.cbp.gov/node/360610/printable/print

Edited by MC5Wes

No disrespect intended to the individuals working at CBP, but I cannot imagine a worse job currently. I know this administration won’t last forever, but what does an AIA do these days?  Fly around towing a banner that says “Welcome to the USA!” Or “Follow me for free shit!” or possibly leaflet drops of voter registration cards?

2 hours ago, MC5Wes said:

What question do you have? I worked with them for 5 years. Miami and Houston branches. 

As far as pilots go. They were all military retirees. Working on their second pension. They use to have non pilots in the back. But when I left they got rid of those guys and it was all pilots onboard.

I can’t remember the name of the system. But as GS employees they got paid automatic overtime all the time. For being on call during the week.

I believe they shutdown down the Houston branch after I left. And moved the assets close to the border.

For someone new, they have some real garden spots 

https://www.cbp.gov/node/360610/printable/print

I saw they had just pushed out a direct hiring authority to certain locations I wanted to know more about how that worked. 

I also wanted to know what locations had what aircraft, there’s nothing useful I’ve found online. 

I’m a dual rated guy looking to build turbine helicopter time. I’ll do my time at AMO to get it. 

The only thing I know about the hiring. Is the Poly is the biggest issue.

As far as aircraft go. They change airframes all the time. When I was there they went from Citation 2s to King Airs.

When I was there they had Astars and MD-500s. Then They got a boat load of old Marine UH-1Ns. Then got rid of them.