Former Spouse and Mil Retirement

Baseops,

I admit, I should know more about the in's/out's of mil retirement than I currently do but I'm reaching out to the guys who've been there and the pro's on here who know way more than I do.

Handling finances with former spouse and they are asking for mil retirement value. I've been in for 3 years and told them (and my lawyer) that in the Guard its points based and those can vary year to year so it's hard to put a value to that (from my limited understanding). I confirmed this with my FM and personnel office (even had personnel office generate a letter stating that the 20/20/20 and 20/20/15 rules wouldn't allow my ex any $$ anyway). But even after all this, my lawyer still says I'm required to give a numerical value stating what my retirement mil pay would be. 

Again, I should know more about this, but I need to generate something ASAP and just wondering if anybody has any info that would help

All this was based on date of separation from spouse which was Apr 2015 and I was a 2LT with 1.5 years in

Any and all help is appreciated

-Chem

Edited by chem_teacher_flies85

My pers can do this. Ask them to generate the days. Buy separation generally doesn't matter. Unless it's a legal separation. It's usually the day you got married to the day you got divorced. And it varies state to state. And you will have to pay her directly since you weren't married 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums