Mattis to the rescue?

RTB

This sounds promising for those of you still toiling away at Human Trafficking and Sexual Harrassment CBTs...

"Defense Secretary Jim Mattis wants to overhaul military education and training to “regain” the art of warfighting following complaints by thousands of servicemembers that their time is being wasted by hours of mandatory training...The training that is the subject of complaints covers everything from alcohol use to active shooters to sexual harassment to stress management."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/25/mattis-moves-to-refocus-military-training-on-warfighting-after-complaints-on-senseless-exercises.html

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Mattis at least has a track record. Goldfien got shot down by a third world country. I know which one I think has a chance of succeeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Lmao, wow.

You probably don't respect John McCain's service because you like people that weren't captured?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/1276693/remarks-by-secretary-mattis-at-a-troop-event-in-naval-base-kitsap-washington/

So you'll never regret, but you will have some of the best days of your life and some of the worst days of your life in the U.S. Navy, you know what I mean?  That says -- that means you're living.  That means you're living.  That means you're not some pussy sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, “Well, I should have done something with my life.”  Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say “What the hell did I do with my life?”  Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Well can he hurry up already? I was asked to come in on my day off to finish my religious freedom training CBT and green dot even though I accomplished these less than a year ago but need to be "current thru my deployment and 2 months ," you know because if we get extended two months and a day I might make fun of people's religion and sexually harass someone...and General Rand you wonder why people are leaving in masses.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript-View/Article/1276693/remarks-by-secretary-mattis-at-a-troop-event-in-naval-base-kitsap-washington/

So you'll never regret, but you will have some of the best days of your life and some of the worst days of your life in the U.S. Navy, you know what I mean?  That says -- that means you're living.  That means you're living.  That means you're not some sitting on the sidelines, you know what I mean, kind of sitting there saying, “Well, I should have done something with my life.”  Because of what you're doing now, you're not going to be laying on a shrink's couch when you're 45 years old, say “What the hell did I do with my life?”  Why? Because you served others; you served something bigger than you.

The guy has been in the business of killing our nation's enemies for pretty much longer than anyone. I don't know why the American public doesn't understand that those who have been to tasked to defend them via violent means, may use more violent language than the typical person who never volunteers to serve for the defense of others.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

I posted it because it is well stated. But people are getting butt hurt over it.

2 hours ago, HossHarris said:

Look up pusillanimous. 

Thats the root (sts)

(the more you know graphic here)

Yep, these lightweights are taking the Generals "Pussy" comment way out of context. The only pussy the Warrior Monk has any "hands-on" experience dealing with are the "Pusillanimous" types.

Edited by waveshaper

23 hours ago, dream big said:

Well can he hurry up already? I was asked to come in on my day off to finish my religious freedom training CBT and green dot even though I accomplished these less than a year ago but need to be "current thru my deployment and 2 months ," you know because if we get extended two months and a day I might make fun of people's religion and sexually harass someone...and General Rand you wonder why people are leaving in masses.

Self-inflicted wound by your unit.  I've been a UDM before...you only have to be current the day you set foot in the AOR.  The only exception is Information Assurance, because the forward location will yank your network access if that one expires.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, pawnman said:

Self-inflicted wound by your unit.  I've been a UDM before...you only have to be current the day you set foot in the AOR.  The only exception is Information Assurance, because the forward location will yank your network access if that one expires.

I thought so, why do we shoot ourselves in the foot? Our WG/CC also wants us to be 100% semi-annual complete before we Deploy...by end of August.  

16 hours ago, dream big said:

I thought so, why do we shoot ourselves in the foot? Our WG/CC also wants us to be 100% semi-annual complete before we Deploy...by end of August.  

when are you returning?

edit: and why the hell is the wg/cc concerned with this?  talk about micromanaging the OG..

Edited by MDDieselPilot

On 7/25/2017 at 11:37 PM, Danger41 said:

Lmao, wow.

You probably don't respect John McCain's service because you like people that weren't captured?

I don't respect McCain AT ALL, because I know his roommate from the Hanoi Hilton.

19 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I don't respect McCain AT ALL, because I know his roommate from the Hanoi Hilton.

A good friend of mine worked with McCain during his early political career.  The stories he told were enough to swing my 2008 vote.