Retiree Pay

matmacwc

For those of you recently retired or remember, does it really take a month before anything shows up?  I retired 28 June and just today my pay shows my "Separated Reserve Pay" account which just shows my last AD paycheck, when can I expect it to say something along the lines of "Retiree Pay"?  Yes, its an AD retirement.  

15 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

For those of you recently retired or remember, does it really take a month before anything shows up?  I retired 28 June and just today my pay shows my "Separated Reserve Pay" account which just shows my last AD paycheck, when can I expect it to say something along the lines of "Retiree Pay"?  Yes, its an AD retirement.  

You get retired pay once per month at the end of the month.  So your first retired paycheck will be 31 July.

I retired 30 April 2015.  My paychecks were on 4/15/15 for the normal mid month amount, another on 5/20/15 for the remainder of my April paycheck plus the little bit of leave I sold back, and then my first retired paycheck was on 5/29/15.  Monthly from that point on...

• Upvote 1

Any Reserve Retirees here? My birthday is less than a year away. I know I have to apply for the pay 6 months out.

My question is when will I get me first check? I turn 60 on the 24th of the month. Do I get a check a week later on the 31st? Or do I have to wait for a full month?

On 7/13/2017 at 1:24 PM, matmacwc said:

Yep, which is why you can apply for unemployment that first (and only) month.  At least that is what they told me at TAP 11+ years ago.  Since I started a contracting job while on terminal leave, it didn't apply in my case...