AFOQT in a 2 months, how are chances looking as of now

elvis

College: Graduating in May 2018 possibly December 2018

Major: Sports and Society, Economics

GPA: 2.9, will be above 3.0 before graduation

Service: 3 years enlisted part time ANG fighter unit, crew chief 

Military Achievements: Airmen of the Quarter for the Wing, got F-16 Incentive ride out of it.

BMT Element Leader 

Volunteering: Wright Flight Pilot and Volunteer, American Cancer Society, American Red Cross (Donate blood every drill possible), Veterans Center at my University 

Flight hours: 300+ PPL, HP, working on instrument rating

LORS: Major General, Brig General, University Professor 

Legacy:  Father Lt. Col. (Ret) A-10, F-16 Pilot 

Planning on applying to ANG fighter units only, best chance is with my home unit because we only hire from within, but options are always open to go elsewhere. Kept in touch with my squadron and group commander (both 3000+ hour pilots) so they know who I am when the time comes to apply. As well as other pilots on the base that have done the enlisted to pilot process. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Elvis 

Edited by elvis

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but do you really have to ask? As long as you don't absolutely bomb the AFOQT and TBAS you are in a far better starting point than probably majority of others who are applying. Rush the squadron, work hard on drill weekends, and be a good bro in your shop. 

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but do you really have to ask? As long as you don't absolutely bomb the AFOQT and TBAS you are in a far better starting point than probably majority of others who are applying. Rush the squadron, work hard on drill weekends, and be a good bro in your shop. 

Appreciate the feedback, just keeping an open mind if there might be certain areas that need improving. Having a year or so till applying, trying to get a small headstart on any changes that could help my chances.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

18 hours ago, Gtseth818 said:

My comment was blatant sarcasm. The guy is obviously a stellar candidate. Loosen up that banana hammock of yours.

Copy. None.

A little friendly advice if you ever do get a pilot slot, kid:  Shut your man pleaser and listen more than you speak. You're not as funny as you think you are and no one cares what you have to say. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome man!  Study hard and keep being a stellar enlisted dude. If it isn't a go the first time, try again. Keep being persistent, but not annoying. Ask a Capt in the FS to look over your app. Face-time never hurts. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to update everyone, got picked up by my home F-16 unit today. Was the only one to be selected! Just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the tips and tricks throughout the whole process, helped tremendously. Cheers!

• Like 3