Dyess B-1 Reserves Fall Hiring Board

The 345th Bomb Squadron at Dyess AFB, TX is having a rated/non-rated hiring board to select new applicants to join the “Desperados.” Applications will be accepted through 11 August 2017 and interviews for those invited will be held on 14-15 October 2017 during our UTA weekend. This board will be to hire both off the street and rated Pilots and Weapon Systems Officers.

Attached you will find the requirements to help you assemble your application package. Questions can be sent to 345BS.Hiring@gmail.com.

Good luck to all that apply!

345th Bomb Squadron Request for Applications.docx

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Alseides said:

I am a little puzzled as to why the contact e-mail is a G-Mail account and not a .mil account.  Is this common?

What's so puzzling about that? It's quite common.

2 hours ago, GDAL said:

What's so puzzling about that? It's quite common.

Some people probably don't feel comfortable sending all their personal info to a gmail account...... Weird right?

Come on guys, didn't Hillary teach us anything on using a gmail account for DOD biz....

12 hours ago, Heavywanabe said:

Some people probably don't feel comfortable sending all their personal info to a gmail account...... Weird right?

Come on guys, didn't Hillary teach us anything on using a gmail account for DOD biz....

You can always contact the POC and politely ask if there is another e-mail where you can send your information to.  I would say that the main reason POCs do this is to filter the barrage of  emails they receive regarding the hiring board.  Option B would be to use the AMRDEC website as stated above.  Best of luck!

On 8/2/2017 at 6:57 AM, Alseides said:

I am a little puzzled as to why the contact e-mail is a G-Mail account and not a .mil account.  Is this common?

G-Mail is accessible on gov computers, other emails aren't. 

Most contact e-mail addresses I have seen are on .mil domains and list DSN numbers.  I was concerned someone might be trying to gather personal data through a false ad.

I called around Dyess and found the squadron.  This is a real ad alright.  No offense was intended.  Pays to be careful.  Good luck and best wishes to everyone applying.

On 8/6/2017 at 7:18 PM, Kenny Powers said:

You are quite the cyber warrior, but you missed a few critical steps:

1. Don't open the email link.

2. Remove your CAC from the computer.

3. Alert your security manager.

And don't take any CDs from your coworkers, they're all trying to you over.

Don't forget Tina cyberstalking you and trying to get you to download music and games.  And the jerk who steals your phone.

• 2 weeks later...