AFOQT next week, how do I look so far

Hello all, my recruiter doesn't have me feeling good about my chances so far, and would just like to hear what those who have been selected have to say. I'm trying to go back AD as a pilot or CSO

Bachelors degree: History-University of South Florida 3.2 GPA

Associated Degree: Management-UMUC

CCAF: Transportation

AD Air Force (2009-2016): AF Achievement medal, 4x Airman of the quarter, 2x NCO of the quarter, 97% on 7 level EOC

AF Reserve (2016-present): 1 of 200 personnel chosen for TDY, Deploying in July 2017, plutting on E6 in Aug.

Volunteer: Vice President Student veteran society

President Santa Express Toy Drive

Community Relations Advisor 5/6 council.

Flight time: 10 hrs

LOR: 2 Senators, 1 Lt. Col, 1 CMSgt, 1 RAF officer

I'm being told I need to have a 90 overall on the AFOQT to have a chance at pilot/CSO. I understand the competitive nature of the program however, I've seen/heard of people getting picked with low AFOQT scores and credentials similar to mine. 

Side note: I tore my ACL at RAF Lakenheath back in 2014. I had corrective surgery and everything is fine now. I've been told having ACL surgery could potentially disqualify me as well.

I appreciate any input to help calm my nerves. 

It looks like you have a solid package. I don't see why he says you need to be in the 90s. I've seen far worse scores get picked up. The two things that may hurt you are your GPA and your ACL but I think the good outweighs the rest of it. The AD experience you have looks great, your LORs look great, and it's good that you have a little flight time. I'd say to work towards your PPL, knock the AFOQT and interview out of the park, and you've got a great shot at it.

49 minutes ago, jspace17 said:

It looks like you have a solid package. I don't see why he says you need to be in the 90s. I've seen far worse scores get picked up. The two things that may hurt you are your GPA and your ACL but I think the good outweighs the rest of it. The AD experience you have looks great, your LORs look great, and it's good that you have a little flight time. I'd say to work towards your PPL, knock the AFOQT and interview out of the park, and you've got a great shot at it.

Thank you for your reply. He's the second recruiter I have seen thus far and the better of the two. I'm hoping he's trying to get me to set my standards high. Regardless, I'm going to do the best I can on the AFOQT. 

I took it about two years ago so not sure how dated my info is but I found AFOQT to be more of a distance game than a sprint game. Eat a solid breakfast, stay well hydrated, bring snacks, take advantage of any breaks they give you to stretch, meditate, whatever. And IIRC correctly you don't want to leave anything unanswered as you get points for questions you get right (meaning a correct guess makes you look better than taking your sweet time hanging over one question only to leave a few unanswered questions at the end). 

2 hours ago, SPAWNmaster said:

I took it about two years ago so not sure how dated my info is but I found AFOQT to be more of a distance game than a sprint game. Eat a solid breakfast, stay well hydrated, bring snacks, take advantage of any breaks they give you to stretch, meditate, whatever. And IIRC correctly you don't want to leave anything unanswered as you get points for questions you get right (meaning a correct guess makes you look better than taking your sweet time hanging over one question only to leave a few unanswered questions at the end). 

I appreciate the pointers. Most of the study guides really emphasize the fact you shouldn't leave any questions unanswered.