What not to do in Bogota

Heavywanabe

The FP brief at the US Embassy in Bogotá warns of the dangers of scopolamine ("scope"), a.k.a. the zombie drug.  They tell you that you'll wake up several days later buck naked in a city park, and your apartment or hotel room will be cleared out.  These guys had to get the word as it's the first thing you are told when you visit there. 

I feel like there's something in here about blaming the victim...

Dude right? If this had happened to a bunch of chicks, SARC/SAPR/JAG/Superman would have been out looking to bash some skulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 6

Everyone here knows that just about anything in the press related to a "military scandal" is full of incomplete information, and just plain errors and/or lies.  

This event and how it is being covered in the press is no exception. 

• Upvote 2

Just another night in SOUTHCOM..... Nothing to see here.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm looking forward to whatever 4 hour GTC PowerPoint training is coming thanks to these guys.

Standard ops for a certain airlift squadron Far East that frequents the beaches of Pattaya, minus the drugs.  At least they weren't lady boys and no one got killed.....

Not sure if you read the whole article...especially the part where it says they were in an off-limits area of Bogota...if you did, I'd be careful saying that it is standard Ops for a particular squadron to routinely go to off-limits areas in any particular TDY location.

If not, you were obviously making a different point that is absolutely true.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums