I can't speak specifically to SACC, but job fairs are typically a bust with the employers saying "go to the website and apply online." You are better served networking with current employees to help get your foot in the door. What I would recommend if you end up going:

- Research the companies you are interested in, then find specific positions/openings they have that you are interested in

- Tailor a resume to that specific position, including key words/phrases from that requisition, and bring it with you

- Have questions prepared for the employers; there's a good chance they won't know job details, but it will show you've done your research (I met some guys from a popular flight planning company at a job fair who didn't know what VFR meant)

Good luck with your transition...PM me with any other questions :beer: 

I did the job fair circuit a couple times. Had a few follow up interviews and 2 that headed down the path for job offers but weren't the right fit from my side. If you are in the correct age group for the Deloitte Core Leadership Program I'd highly recommend commend applying.

Day Man is right, your best bet is to network with people in the companies you are interested in and work internal recommendations. That's how I found my position at a defense contractor. A good book on this approach is the 2-hour job search by Steve Dalton.

Feel free to PM me also if you've got other questions.

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Robo said:

I did the job fair circuit a couple times. Had a few follow up interviews and 2 that headed down the path for job offers but weren't the right fit from my side. If you are in the correct age group for the Deloitte Core Leadership Program I'd highly recommend commend applying.

Day Man is right, your best bet is to network with people in the companies you are interested in and work internal recommendations. That's how I found my position at a defense contractor. A good book on this approach is the 2-hour job search by Steve Dalton.

Feel free to PM me also if you've got other questions.

I went to four job fairs in roughly 5 months of unemployment after accepting VSP.  I never had much luck at the job fairs, as all you do is pass out a resume and speak with people who aren't the hiring managers.  There are job fairs, where there are hiring managers who will fill open positions through interviews. 

It's all a numbers game.  Network and submit your resumes everywhere.  When I ended up getting a great offer, I realized that I had utilized the Wounded Warrior Program and never specifically applied for my position.  Life is great nearly two years later.