Flying Commitment in the Reserves?

Hey folks,

I'm currently a tanker guy in the reserves, but I was considering an IMA job closer to my house. (My commute is killing me)  I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a flying commitment for the USAFR? I have been flying since Oct 2010. I know of the ADSC, but does anything like that apply to the reserves?

Does anyone have an AFI reference that I could look up?

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: I did find the AFRCI 36-2102 that addresses the issue. It does seem that even reservists incur a 10 year flying commitment after they get their wings. My new question is this: can I still look for an IMA job and still inter-fly with my current squadron?

Edited by Velosprints

I'm pretty sure it's only a service commitment. I've never heard of anyone in a "flying commitment".

As for flying as an IMA, AFMC/A3 said a few weeks ago that AFRC was granting NO flying waivers for IMA's. We used to have a bunch of flying IMA's but after the reg changed a few years ago they became all non-flying. We were trying to get waivers for some, but guess that's not happening now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's only a service commitment. I've never heard of anyone in a "flying commitment".

As for flying as an IMA, AFMC/A3 said a few weeks ago that AFRC was granting NO flying waivers for IMA's. We used to have a bunch of flying IMA's but after the reg changed a few years ago they became all non-flying. We were trying to get waivers for some, but guess that's not happening now.

Interesting since there is at least one FAC 6 waiver that was granted to an IMA within the last year...so maybe the AFMC/A3 didn't hear right. Or maybe it was that AFRC didn't want to push that particular waiver ??

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Interesting since there is at least one FAC 6 waiver that was granted to an IMA within the last year...so maybe the AFMC/A3 didn't hear right. Or maybe it was that AFRC didn't want to push that particular waiver ??

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

It may be a change in stance very recently. Or, just the fact that there's always an exception!