Google Authenticator now available

DFRESH

All,

Google Authenticator - two factor authentication is now available for BODN. To enable it, click your name in the top right corner, click "Account Settings" and then do this:

GoogleAuthenticator.JPG

DFRESH, nice. However, the Google Authenticator seems to push downloading a mobile app. Is there not a way to simply have it email me the code to close the two-factor loop? I'm not always near my phone is why I ask...

You're mom has a two factor loop. Bah I'm retarded. I don't even know what that means. That makes no sense. I'm sorry. I immediately regret my decision to chug that milk. Awhhh. Awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

19 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

You ever see how they launch nuclear missiles from subs and silos? Two people, two codes/keys, one button? Similar concept to two factor authentication. It's nothing but a security measure to help protect your account in the event you were hacked. If you enabled it, every time you log in, it would then ask you to verify your identity via other means (email, app on phone, etc.). The idea being that they might have hacked your password to baseops but not your email/phone.

But, keep on using abc123 as your password for everything. I hear that was the password Hillary used on her server, and that thing was impenetrable.

Usually you can set a time out window (ex. 30 days) until you need to verify again.

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2017 at 9:48 PM, Kiloalpha said:

DFRESH, nice. However, the Google Authenticator seems to push downloading a mobile app. Is there not a way to simply have it email me the code to close the two-factor loop? I'm not always near my phone is why I ask...

Negative. The App is the point... I can look into added other TFA options like e-mailed codes.