Anyone Starting at Sheppard in July?

I didn't know Sheppard had UPT as well as ENJJPT

Please tell me this is a serious question and you aren't just trying to be a douche. We already have our quota in the Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Duck said:

Please tell me this is a serious question and you aren't just trying to be a douche. We already have our quota in the Air Force.

Sorry if it came off that way. I really didn't know that there was UPT there as well as ENJJPT! I'm not trying to be a douche but I can see how my comment can seem sarcastic.

I've been reading up about the different bases and this post just made me think out loud as I only thought there were 3.

EDIT: Scratch that. I see that OP was talking about ENJJPT. Sorry for the confusion, was genuinely confused and wasn't trying to be a dick.

Edited by jspace17
Research

21 minutes ago, jspace17 said:

Sorry if it came off that way. I really didn't know that there was UPT there as well as ENJJPT! I'm not trying to be a douche but I can see how my comment can seem sarcastic.

I've been reading up about the different bases and this post just made me think out loud as I only thought there were 3.

EDIT: Scratch that. I see that OP was talking about ENJJPT. Sorry for the confusion, was genuinely confused and wasn't trying to be a dick.

ENJJPT is a (further) specialized UPT program.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, mb1685 said:

ENJJPT is a (further) specialized UPT program.

I've always thought of them as two separate entities so when I saw the original question I got confused thinking there were more options than I originally thought. ENJJPT looks like an awesome experience so congratulations to OP for nailing a slot!

• Upvote 1

No apologies necessary. There are major differences in the syllabuses between UPT and ENJJPT, but history shows that it doesn't necessarily create a superior product regardless of the ENJJPT talking points.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Duck said:

No apologies necessary. There are major differences in the syllabuses between UPT and ENJJPT, but history shows that it doesn't necessarily create a superior product regardless of the ENJJPT talking points.

I think the experience with other countries would be great and it could be enlightening in some ways. I hope to track fighters someday and I hear the drop rate is somewhat better at ENJJPT although not as good as it used to be.

I think the experience with other countries would be great and it could be enlightening in some ways. I hope to track fighters someday and I hear the drop rate is somewhat better at ENJJPT although not as good as it used to be.

Just keep searching and reading threads , plenty of discussion on here.

Cliff Notes:

1)ENJJPT pilots are better than non ENJJPT T-38 pilots

2) ENJJPT pilots are scientifically proven to be 2X as good as T1 pilots.

3) Notes 1 and 2 are likely due to the part in the ENJJPT syllabus where they teach you to get your own ATIS.

4) Sometimes so many fighters drop at ENJJPT that people who dont deserve them get them, according to the finest FAIPS the USAF can produce.

5) If you fly -38s and go Heavies, you may have a chance to crossflow into fighters later in your career. If you didn't fly -38s, you're obviously an inferior pilot and suck too bad to ever be a fighter pilot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Cliff Notes:

3) Notes 1 and 2 are likely due to the part in the ENJJPT syllabus where they teach you to get your own ATIS.

4) Sometimes so many fighters drop at ENJJPT that people who dont deserve them get them, according to the finest FAIPS the USAF can produce.

5) If you fly -38s and go Heavies, you may have a chance to crossflow into fighters later in your career. If you didn't fly -38s, you're obviously an inferior pilot and suck too bad to ever be a fighter pilot.

That's why I'm gonna work my ass off and try my best. I'm gunning for an ENJJPT slot but I'll make sure to get 38s one way or another

Cliff Notes:

KP, you trying to fill General Changs shoes brother? Lol

• Upvote 1

Drops right now at ENJJPT are about as good as you could ever get. To even have a shot at a heavy you need to be...

"FIRST OR LAST BABY" -Ricky Bobby

And being last may still non-vol you to a fighter.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Duck said:

Drops right now at ENJJPT are about as good as you could ever get. To even have a shot at a heavy you need to be...

"FIRST OR LAST BABY" -Ricky Bobby

And being last may still non-vol you to a fighter.

Any insight on how I could compete to get a slot?

Not sure how accurate this is but I've heard it's all related to how well you do at OTS; academics, leadership, PT scores, but I've also heard that some people have been offered slots before even starting OTS based on their application. I haven't even received a class date yet but I'm reading through the OTSMAN, HAWK, and TFOT syllabus and trying to ace the PFA in the meantime. Anything else I should be doing?

UncleFunyun, sorry to hijack the thread... Could you explain the process a bit for me please?