AFPAK Hands- Opportunity Beckons

For those on AD, I take it you saw the AFPAK Hands solicitation we sent out today.  I hope you give strong consideration to volunteering.  We are ramping that program back to full capacity, and A1 will facilitate.  ISIS is altering the battlefield and we must have many, many more air power experts on the ground with long-term continuity, earning the trust and respect of the tribal leaders, especially in the remote mountainous regions of both countries.  Many amazing carrots to participating: attend NIU for IDE, work at the Pentagon with some of our greatest minds of our time, free language training, and likely early promotions to both Lt Col & Col.  Finally, a real shot at General Officer down the line.  Truly, we will see many of our future Sq/CCs come out of this program, because they will be the most relevant/qualified in the current state of affairs.  This is a big, big deal; don't miss your opportunity.

If you really don't want to participate in this program, please encourage your friends who are on the fence.  We have a very small volunteer window and many slots to fill; it will not be long before Wing Commanders will be racking their senior Capts, Maj(s), and Majors (esp post bonus) for these opportunities.  Even the non-volunteers will see some of the carrots (because of the importance of this program, we will target the highest performers in the Squadrons; this program will accelerate even their careers and give them new perspectives on leadership).

No doubt this thread will get bashed and trashed, but it will reach its intended audience anyway.  Honestly, there is no truer way to "take your career by the horns" than volunteering for AFPAK Hands.  The last 3 CSAFs put their money where their mouths were regarding incentives.  If you joined the AF to make a difference for your country, then volunteer for this program.  I truly thank you.

• Downvote 17

15 minutes ago, General Chang said:

...likely early promotions to both Lt Col & Col.  Finally, a real shot at General Officer down the line.  Truly, we will see many of our future Sq/CCs come out of this program...

...because of the importance of this program, we will target the highest performers in the Squadrons; this program will accelerate even their careers...

9f4efa3bafc7cd1f53ee354af633681a1c30dd1d

What's the demographic here, cuz it sure as shit aint Pilot/Nav/ABM AFSC. 

Why don't you let Sq/CCs be in charge for a change?

8 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

My brief skim of it before deleted it like every other AFPC spam email was that only a couple non-rated career fields were eligible. 

Completely incorrect.  The first career field listed in the message is "rated," and that is where we will look to draw the majority of officers, for obvious reasons.

• Downvote 5

Wait, aren't we having a pilot shortage? If you can't get enough bodies to fill cockpits, I'm guessing you will be short of finding enough for your "many slots to fill."

First thing I did was delete the e-mail, and I haven't taken the DLAB specifically because of that program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, General Chang said:

Completely incorrect.  The first career field listed in the message is "rated," and that is where we will look to draw the majority of officers, for obvious reasons.

Well like I said I deleted that email pretty quickly along with the "aid de camp to Gen X" email. Regardless it's a stupid program for rated personnel given our manning crisis and I'all believe it when I see it about future squadron commanders.

I just spit my vodka tonic all over my iPad.  Hey, are reservists eligible?  I came on here to figure out how to resign my commission, but this has piqued my interest...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, General Chang said:

For those on AD, I take it you saw the AFPAK Hands solicitation we sent out today.  I hope you give strong consideration to volunteering.  We are ramping that program back to full capacity, and A1 will facilitate.  ISIS is altering the battlefield and we must have many, many more air power experts on the ground with long-term continuity, earning the trust and respect of the tribal leaders, especially in the remote mountainous regions of both countries.  Many amazing carrots to participating: attend NIU for IDE, work at the Pentagon with some of our greatest minds of our time, free language training, and likely early promotions to both Lt Col & Col.  Finally, a real shot at General Officer down the line.  Truly, we will see many of our future Sq/CCs come out of this program, because they will be the most relevant/qualified in the current state of affairs.  This is a big, big deal; don't miss your opportunity.

If you really don't want to participate in this program, please encourage your friends who are on the fence.  We have a very small volunteer window and many slots to fill; it will not be long before Wing Commanders will be racking their senior Capts, Maj(s), and Majors (esp post bonus) for these opportunities.  Even the non-volunteers will see some of the carrots (because of the importance of this program, we will target the highest performers in the Squadrons; this program will accelerate even their careers and give them new perspectives on leadership).

No doubt this thread will get bashed and trashed, but it will reach its intended audience anyway.  Honestly, there is no truer way to "take your career by the horns" than volunteering for AFPAK Hands.  The last 3 CSAFs put their money where their mouths were regarding incentives.  If you joined the AF to make a difference for your country, then volunteer for this program.  I truly thank you.

Chang, once again, thanks for posting the same trash in two separate threads. "Thanks for your service".

• Upvote 1

What a crock.

Total number of GOs and O-6's with AFPAK HANDS in their record?

Im sure there's some O-6s, I'm doubtful on the GOs. And I don't give enough of a shit to look. You Chang, however, as our lead A-1 koolaide peddler, surely have access to such figures. I'm interested in those numbers.

Until then, I'll stand by my intuition and the advice of the actual GOs I trust: pass.

Chuck

• Upvote 3

If it was a good deal, it wouldn't be on the verge on non-Vol fills. In fact, the best deals aren't advertised (BACN). 

How about we turn these 11X requirements into 36X? Seems like you guys have the answers to everything. It'll also <GASP> address the pilot shortage concerns. 

• Upvote 1

Work on your sales pitch.

If you think the chance to work "long-term continuity" in the mountain villages of Afghanistan, followed by a desk in the basement of the Pentagon is the best way to sell this...you might be in the wrong forum.

I also find it interesting that you try to sell it not on tactical or professional merit but on career advancement and language skills (which we can easily get elsewhere).  

This may be a necessary program for our national defense and national strategy.  It may be an amazing opportunity for some people.  But seriously, know your audience, man!

3 hours ago, General Chang said:

9/10 trolling.  Would give full marks except part of the duty of a troll is to remain clandestine for maximum impact.  This one was a little too obvious.  Still not too shabby, though.

Crazy to think that such a great deal which is advertised direct to the inbox of tens of thousands of people who are eligible, and an assload more who aren't, still needs cheerleading in a forum like this to get takers.  You'd think they'd be busting down the door to be first for consideration.  Odd.  

• Upvote 4

Dude, you do realize most guys on this forum have already made their decision to punch right? No one here gives a shit about making 0-6 or general.  I, like many on this forum, still care about being a good aviator and getting the mission done.  You and your cohorts are to blame for this mess. If you were upper management at a company in this kind of mess you and your cohorts would be in jail for fraud/mismanagement/the list goes on.

2 hours ago, dream big said:

Dude, you do realize most guys on this forum have already made their decision to punch right? No one here gives a shit about making 0-6 or general.  I, like many on this forum, still care about being a good aviator and getting the mission done.  You and your cohorts are to blame for this mess. If you were upper management at a company in this kind of mess you and your cohorts would be in jail for fraud/mismanagement/the list goes on.

I hear you brother, but even on the outside there is no accountability. Take a look at any system out there, military, political or financial; few to none "upper management" types are ever held accountable for their actions. 

But on on the bright side, this happened during the last AFPAK hands cycle. New Wing King arrives, scraps the D team list and places his best, brightest, shiniest 5 CGOs (Maj select types) on the list (I believe 3 of that list were "selects"). There was complaining, but the Wing King didn't budge in his mind the APh program is for those on the up and up. Never seen anything like it, normally it is the guy out on the mish who pays this bill!

see CJCSI 1630.01B (2016 version), if you are a lower grade (the mission hackers, get shit done, non shiny types) educate yourself. This program has so many ways to destroy your world.

But on on the bright side, this happened during the last AFPAK hands cycle. New Wing King arrives, scraps the D team list and places his best, brightest, shiniest 5 CGOs (Maj select types) on the list (I believe 3 of that list were "selects"). There was complaining, but the Wing King didn't budge in his mind the APh program is for those on the up and up. Never seen anything like it, normally it is the guy out on the mish who pays this bill!
see CJCSI 1630.01B (2016 version), if you are a lower grade (the mission hackers, get shit done, non shiny types) educate yourself. This program has so many ways to destroy your world.

AFPAK hands nominees are supposed to be in the top 10%. Funny when you get nominated by the sq to the wing to fill the slot, but don't have any strats, even at the sq level. Even more so as a passed over guy.

13 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

I forwarded the AFPAK Hands email directly to Gen Everhart's "Why are we losing so many pilots" inbox. 

Tip of the hat to you, Good Sir.

• Upvote 2