PCS for Autoimmune Disorder

Guest No2bonus

Guest No2bonus

My flight doctor told me I am the only flyer in the AF with my type of autoimmune disorder. Actually, my autoimmune disorder has become so widespread that Congress was lobbied by an organization in California to fund research for a cure. Congress granted the request for funding.

There is a medical center in San Francisco who can help. I was scheduled to go there but I had a TDY, training, and a subsequent PCS out of California prevent me from going. I am going to retire in 3 years and I wanted to know if I could request a PCS back to that area for treatment once I've been on station for 2 years minimum?

I will not die without treatment. On a scale of 1 to 10 my disorder is a 2-3 at best. 

Edited by No2bonus

Are you a C17 guy? Travis is the only base I can think of in the Bay Area, and even that is more than an hour away. They won't send you somewhere that you aren't eligible to perform your duties. You can claim it as your home of record when you retire and have them do your last move to that area.

EFMP will be your other issue with PCSing. It will limit the number of locations you can be based.

Yes, but I bet you will not fly.  Travis should have a military treatment facility (MTF) that you can PCS to, but that is your job, to get better.  If you have a waiver it might help, if not try the EFMP, dunno if it works for the member and not his family.  Are you looking at an MEB?

Guest No2bonus
On 4/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, matmacwc said:

Yes, but I bet you will not fly.  Travis should have a military treatment facility (MTF) that you can PCS to, but that is your job, to get better.  If you have a waiver it might help, if not try the EFMP, dunno if it works for the member and not his family.  Are you looking at an MEB?

No, I am not looking at an MEB at all. My disorder does not even remotely impact flying. Just curious to see if it's within the realm of feasibility being on station for 2-3 years to request a PCS for treatment that isn't life or death. I wouldn't need to go to Travis AFB because going to Beale AFB would be within the realm of feasibility too. Granted, it's a 3 hour drive to San Francisco.

Thanks by the way.

Edited by No2bonus