Viper down in DC

ClearedHot

DCANG has a board coming up soon... That will make for a good story. Most importantly though, very glad he's OK. :beer: An eye witness sitting on his porch said the jet was on fire in the air, and it was "the biggest fire ball he's ever seen in his life."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/05/military-jet-crashes-after-taking-off-from-joint-base-andrews-report.html

Edited by tk1313

6 minutes ago, Duck said:

Glad he is okay... the pictures strike me as strange though...

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

IMG_1180.JPG

PG county is no joke. 

These pix went out on twitter and I'm pretty sure they're not our guy. He spent very little time "isolated". 

Edit to add: local news is running with the pictures, so at least they think they're legit. 

Edited by Homestar
  • Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, Homestar said:

IMG_1180.JPG

PG county is no joke. 

These pix went out on twitter and I'm pretty sure they're not our guy. He spent very little time "isolated". 

Edit to add: local news is running with the pictures, so at least they think they're legit. 

Embarrassed to this day the Navy ever participated in the making of that movie.  Here comes Sasha.

Glad he was able to step out of the jet and take his exit. 

ATIS

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Homestar said:

PG county is no joke. 

Those images have to be unrelated to the event, or at least staged after?

The 'chute appears somewhat convincing, but I have a hard time believing a guy who just got out of a jet is going to dump his flight gear and take a few photos. Even more unconvincing, he's is using a radio in CONUS and not his personal phone.

34 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

The 'chute appears somewhat convincing, but I have a hard time believing a guy who just got out of a jet is going to dump his flight gear and take a few photos. Even more unconvincing, he's is using a radio in CONUS and not his personal phone.

Local news just showed video of the scene above. Looks like the pics are legit. 

8 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

News reported that he was picked up by helo dudes. Radio makes sense if he's talking to those guys.

Edited by LookieRookie

Errr, it's springtime in Maryland.  Weather today was high of 70.

Lots of really brown, dry grass in the foreground and the trees in the background are pretty bare.

The Ivan-wannabe that looks photoshopped is in a medium to heavyweight jacket.

Pilot not interacting, at least in the one shot, with the photographer who probably was using his, wait for it...

cell phone.

Not buying it.  Happy to be wrong, but it doesn't like right.  Glad the pilot is ok.

2 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Lots of really brown, dry grass in the foreground and the trees in the background are pretty bare.

Pilot not interacting, at least in the one shot, with the photographer who probably was using his, wait for it...

cell phone.

Not buying it.  Happy to be wrong, but it doesn't like right.  Glad the pilot is ok.

The post with the "Ivan" lookin dude is fake, but that was a clear joke post by Homestar...go two posts above his to M2's post for the original picture. The edited Ivan pic is a reference to the movie "Behind Enemy Lines". 

Edit: As for if the pic of the guy on his radio is legit, I notice he has a pen strap on his left wrist...so inclined to believe the dude was either just flying or likes wearing one like a bracelet at all times for god knows why.

Edited by Cameltactics
  • Upvote 1

Would have been good SAR training if he dumped it in the Potamac and parachuted into S.E. DC or Anacostia. P.J.s going into hostile enviroment especially if they are Republicans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, brickhistory said:

cell phone.

Photoshopped?  You don't say....

Would have been good SAR training if he dumped it in the Potamac and parachuted into S.E. DC or Anacostia. P.J.s going into hostile enviroment especially if they are Republicans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

Probably safer to land in the middle of downtown Baghdad, 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

16 hours ago, Prosuper said:

The Potomac could probably use a little hydrazine and JP8 to shock-treat whatever is growing in there.