Limited officer positions

I got a hold of an Air Force Reserve recruiter and he replied with the following: 

Thank you for your interest in the Air Force Reserve! At this time there are a very limited number of available vacant positions to become a commissioned officer. 

Is this true or is he trying to make up his enlisted qouta? 

Edited by gear3green
  • Upvote 1

So I was think the air Force is having problems retaining officers.

Maybe your recruiter correctly determined your communication skills aren't up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Maybe your recruiter correctly determined your communication skills aren't up to par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed.. my apologies I was in the middle of a turn. 

Edited by gear3green
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Every military pilot wannabe on every JQP post/Baseops thread who is trying to get into the AF doesn't realize that the AF has NO problems getting people in. For years, Big Blue has had the pick of the litter for the best UPT applicants through OTS, ROTC and USAFA. All the OTS guys and gals going through my UPT base have all had a ton of flying experience, impressive school and extracurricular records and many had experience in the defense industry. Had one chick who was literally a rocket scientist. It isn't a recruiting issue. It's easy to find a 22 year old with a college degree who wants to get paid to see the world and fly fast in the most advanced aircraft the world has. The AF just can't keep them after they see the price tag and the other crap they will have to put up with for the other 98% of their career.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 7