Naval aircraft

I know that air warriors is supposed to be the forum for naval aviator questions but I could not find anything on this. I was wondering what aircraft the Navy is handing out during track selects, I assume they hand out a lot more helicopters than the AF does? Was curious how many fixed wing, non fighter aircraft that they drop or plan to drop in the next couple of years. I see that there's a big order of P-8A Poseidons for the Navy. Anyway, just weighing my options between the USAF and USN, which one might be better for a pilot slot? Thanks.

9 hours ago, flyguy4723 said:

I know that air warriors is supposed to be the forum for naval aviator questions but I could not find anything on this. I was wondering what aircraft the Navy is handing out during track selects, I assume they hand out a lot more helicopters than the AF does? Was curious how many fixed wing, non fighter aircraft that they drop or plan to drop in the next couple of years. I see that there's a big order of P-8A Poseidons for the Navy. Anyway, just weighing my options between the USAF and USN, which one might be better for a pilot slot? Thanks.

After graduating primary, which is flown in the T6B, you can drop T45s, T-44s, or TH57s.  It really depends on the numbers needed at the time, but historically I'd guess about close to half the selectors get helos.  As to how many P3s, P8s, E6Bs, E2/C2s there are coming down the pipeline after you graduate from advanced, that's anyone's guess.  

Edited by ARAMP1