114 Fighter Wing UPT Board

I'm sure it's been spread around this site already but, The 114th Fighter Wing is accepting UPT applications for our board in May. The application deadline however is 31 March so if you have apps ready or almost ready please see details at the following website. 

http://www.114fw.ang.af.mil/about-us/careers/

Good Luck 

Edited by ShackIt
  • Upvote 4

I was planning to apply to this board, and reached out with a question about vision waivers. The response was "The unit will not discourage you from applying, but as it currently stands, they do not plan on considering waivers at this time."

My vision has been stable since I started wearing glasses/contacts, is correctable to 20/20 or better, and some of the other units have said it isn't an issue. Just finished my application to the units--literally got my PCSM back 10 minutes ago. For what it's worth--PCSM 74, AFOQT Pilot 98, Nav 99.

However, based on the the response I didn't think it would go anywhere...

I'm willing to apply, but don't want to waste your time if you have qualified candidates already. It sounds like you're involved with the board, so if you have any further feedback I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by tar_heel
add information

49 minutes ago, tar_heel said:

I was planning to apply to this board, and reached out with a question about vision waivers. The response was "The unit will not discourage you from applying, but as it currently stands, they do not plan on considering waivers at this time."

My vision has been stable since I started wearing glasses/contacts, is correctable to 20/20 or better, and some of the other units have said it isn't an issue. Just finished my application to the units--literally got my PCSM back 10 minutes ago. For what it's worth--PCSM 74, AFOQT Pilot 98, Nav 99.

I'm willing to apply, but don't want to waste your time if you have qualified candidates already. It sounds like you're involved with the board, so if you have any further feedback I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

@LAPS might feel differently and I definitely can't speak for them, but I have had similar questions... I was told to not self-eliminate - Make them tell you no. I think that's good advice.

6 hours ago, tar_heel said:

Read through the many vision requirement threads over in the Aviation Medicine section. 

Also, apply anyways. The unit doesn't know if you need a waiver or not. That is something that will only be evaluated at your FC1/MFS after you have been selected. Like tk1313 said, do not self-eliminate yourself or assume the unit won't bother with the application because of your own uncertainty or misguided information. Again, read through the Aviation Medicine thread and absorb as much knowledge you can from the experiences of others. 

• 1 month later...

tar_heel

Obviously, I am a little late on the response, but I hope you decided to apply anyway. As the other two dudes said, make a unit tell you no. I have a vision waiver and wear contacts when I fly, along with a good number of pilots in our squadron. Never take yourself out of contention. Hope you ended up applying. if not I'm sure we'll have another board next year if you don't get picked up by then. 

LAPS

• Upvote 1