Air Force Cruise Videos?

VMFA187

Not really, cameras are really frowned upon in cockpits.  A lot of leadership thinks if you have time to make videos, you have time for work.  I really liked the F-14 last cruise video, the 10 ship up initial is quite impressive.

31 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Not really, cameras are really frowned upon in cockpits.  A lot of leadership thinks if you have time to make videos, you have time for work.  I really liked the F-14 last cruise video, the 10 ship up initial is quite impressive.

The navy does this right most of those cruise videos are pretty cool

but then again what else is there to do stuck on a boat for 6 months

Did a summer rotation during Southern Watch at Al Jaber, Kuwait.  We were the 2nd A-10 squadron to fly out of there so facilities sucked.  Power was sketchy and would quit so no A/C on occasion.  Food was marginal with MREs or rice with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.    Sleeping quarters were tents or crappy trailers.  EOD hadn't swept the whole place yet so you couldn't venture too far off the marked trails. There were some F-18s there and I forget off of which boat but after a couple weeks with us they were notified they had to fly back to the boat.  I've never seen a more depressed bunch of aviators.  When I asked why, they said the boat was worse than our current condition. 

19 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

Did a summer rotation during Southern Watch at Al Jaber, Kuwait.  We were the 2nd A-10 squadron to fly out of there so facilities sucked.  Power was sketchy and would quit so no A/C on occasion.  Food was marginal with MREs or rice with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.    Sleeping quarters were tents or crappy trailers.  EOD hadn't swept the whole place yet so you couldn't venture too far off the marked trails. There were some F-18s there and I forget off of which boat but after a couple weeks with us they were notified they had to fly back to the boat.  I've never seen a more depressed bunch of aviators.  When I asked why, they said the boat was worse than our current condition. 

I spent my first 5.5 years on AD as a squid and GTFO as soon as possible. Spent the next 18 years between the ANG and AFRES. The boat/Navy sucks ass. I'll take a tent at Manas. 

It's because every time someone does some kind of cool deployment morale video, it ends up on YouTube, Air Force PA flips their shit and heads roll because of "unapproved" footage. 

After a while, it's not worth even trying anymore. 

• Upvote 5

Anyone seen the UAV "1G Thang" video?  It was two TAMIed Viper drivers who parodied Snoop's "G Thang" video and made fun of UAV life.

It's gone from YouTube.

Also, I heard those guys from "This is Why I'm Hot" got reprimanded because they showed AOR frequencies in the video.  :facepalm:

Anyone seen the UAV "1G Thang" video?  It was two TAMIed Viper drivers who parodied Snoop's "G Thang" video and made fun of UAV life.
It's gone from YouTube.

Apparently part of their reprimand was to remove all copies of it.

Seems reasonable given the scope and nature of Al Gore's interwebs. /s

Although, maybe the man won in this case.

2 hours ago, Ram said:

It's gone from YouTube.

Also, I heard those guys from "This is Why I'm Hot" got reprimanded because they showed AOR frequencies in the video.  :facepalm:

The made a second video.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Jokes.

Make more Raytheon Award Videos or something.

Dude, don't look at an Eaglebro video and think it represents us.  The number one reason I wanted more than 187 F-22s wasn't air superiority...it was to rid the world of Eagle gayness.  

In the end, the Axe hair gel lobby was too strong, and we only got 187 Raptors.  Beltway politics.

• Upvote 1