ENJJPT selection

As someone who really wants to joint the fighter community, how the hell does one get into ENJJPT? I've asked IPs from EN tails, my cadre, former eagle and viper drivers and the best answer I have gotten is a big fat no ing clue. Some say GPA some say DG at field training, Commander's ranking, PCSM, flight hours, the whole nine. I have yet to get a solid answer and it's been chewing me up inside.

My current scores are

89 Pilot

85 Nav

3.2 GPA Aerospace Engineering

Haven't taken TBAS yet so no PCSM.

What y'all got for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Speaking from the AFROTC side, the biggest factors were PCSM and then GPA, in that order. Guys could in essence often "buy" an ENJJPT slot by paying for a ton of hours or a PPL to get that 100 PCSM. What's your commissioning source?

• Upvote 1

Seems like it'd be money well spent, no? Especially if you want to track T-38s

Oh absolutely, if I had the money I probably would've done so myself. I just take some issue with it because I'm sure there are guys out there who would make great pilots but don't have the money to invest there.

On 3/4/2017 at 8:08 AM, Magic24 said:

I believe on the OTS side there's an ENJJPT interview process while you're there. 

Yes, while in OTS all pilot applicants will have a face to face interview with the board and from that they determine 1 maybe 2 applicants to go to ENJJPT.  From my OTS board one guy was a former nfl football player with lots of flight time and the other was a scientist at the CERN labratory.

On 3/2/2017 at 2:43 PM, Walkerdubs said:

As someone who really wants to joint the fighter community, how the hell does one get into ENJJPT? I've asked IPs from EN tails, my cadre, former eagle and viper drivers and the best answer I have gotten is a big fat no ing clue. Some say GPA some say DG at field training, Commander's ranking, PCSM, flight hours, the whole nine. I have yet to get a solid answer and it's been chewing me up inside.

My current scores are

89 Pilot

85 Nav

3.2 GPA Aerospace Engineering

Haven't taken TBAS yet so no PCSM.

What y'all got for me?

Its not one thing, but normally being a stud in all things... at least from the guys I have seen go.  DG from OTS and then DG in their CSO/ABM training with lots of flight hours and ratings.  I am sure that doesnt mean all who go to ENJJPT are like that, but the guys I have seen go fit this to the T.  

Are you Active Duty now or going through OTS/ROTC?

• Upvote 1

Its not one thing, but normally being a stud in all things... at least from the guys I have seen go.  DG from OTS and then DG in their CSO/ABM training with lots of flight hours and ratings.  I am sure that doesnt mean all who go to ENJJPT are like that, but the guys I have seen go fit this to the T.  
Are you Active Duty now or going through OTS/ROTC?

I am a Cadet ROTC

• Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, Duck said:

Look up where the average ENJJPT Grads finished in the B-courses over the last 6 years when they changed the selection method...

Could it be accent comprehension or lost in translation factors that contribute to this?

15 hours ago, Duck said:

Wanna have some fun? Look up where the average ENJJPT Grads finished in the B-courses over the last 6 years when they changed the selection method...

Do ENJJPT studs have a higher B-course washout rate now? What changed in the selection method?

I'm not bashing on ENJJPT. It has its good and bad. In the past it was used as a shock absorber and a lot of guys got heavies out of there. Although billed as a fighter centric training, its feast or famine with respect for actually getting a fighter. Which sucks because a lot of good guys have gotten the shaft, while a lot of guys who wouldn't have gotten a fighter at any other base will get one at Sheppard all thanks to the flavor of the week at AFPC.

As far as the selection method, I can't speak to what exactly changed, but I was briefed that the weights had changed and the average student going through is not the same breakdown as 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Duck said:

I'm not bashing on ENJJPT. It has its good and bad. In the past it was used as a shock absorber and a lot of guys got heavies out of there. Although billed as a fighter centric training, its feast or famine with respect for actually getting a fighter. Which sucks because a lot of good guys have gotten the shaft, while a lot of guys who wouldn't have gotten a fighter at any other base will get one at Sheppard all thanks to the flavor of the week at AFPC.

As far as the selection method, I can't speak to what exactly changed, but I was briefed that the weights had changed and the average student going through is not the same breakdown as 10 years ago.

What about a guard/reserve guy that gets picked up by a fighter unit? I personally know one guy that is being told to request Sheppard to get the "fighter-oriented" training, and obviously he's on board. Any opinion on whether or not that decision will help/hurt his chances at B-course? I know attitude is what makes or breaks someone, but just looking for opinions on B-course performance of ENJJPT guys vs guys who tracked T-38's from another base.

What about a guard/reserve guy that gets picked up by a fighter unit? I personally know one guy that is being told to request Sheppard to get the "fighter-oriented" training, and obviously he's on board. Any opinion on whether or not that decision will help/hurt his chances at B-course? I know attitude is what makes or breaks someone, but just looking for opinions on B-course performance of ENJJPT guys vs guys who tracked T-38's from another base.

Dude, it doesn't matter. If you graduate and get through IFF, once you're at the B-course your success will be based on how much effort you put it and how much the bros in your class work together.

Nobody will give a shit about the last base you were at.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

I should add, as a guard guy who went through ENJJPT, I prefered it there for a few reasons.

First, I think it's the best located UPT base out of all of them.

Second, I didn't have to move to go to IFF and I could sandbag the program, which gave me a leg up on what to expect before starting.

Third, flying and partying with the NATO bros was a blast. There's always something going on.

• Upvote 2

On 3/2/2017 at 0:43 AM, Walkerdubs said:

how the hell does one get into ENJJPT? I've asked IPs from EN tails, my cadre, former eagle and viper drivers and the best answer I have gotten is a big fat no ing clue

Have you read through the ENJJPT Information thread here? There's a lot of useful information and some good answers to your question: www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/topic/5445-enjjpt-information

• Upvote 1

Dude, it doesn't matter. If you graduate and get through IFF, once you're at the B-course your success will be based on how much effort you put it and how much the bros in your class work together.
Nobody will give a shit about the last base you were at.

This. As a Guard Guy, who isn't at the whim of AFPC, your success will be a direct correlation to the effort and natural ability you have.

Don't get me wrong, I love ENJJPT, it is just that the pendulum swings here tend to either send a ton of guys to fighters that shouldn't, or relegate some great students to airframes that they don't deserve (RPAs included).

I fully expect to see some names on CNN one day of a student planting it and I hate that.

The int'l thing is a blast and it can also be the worst thing in pilot training depending on the int'l IP. I found out stereotypes exist for a reason...

I personally believe that the fighter drops at Sheppard should be on a person by person basis and not based on some red cell in a spreadsheet at AFPC that says class 18-06 (need xx fighters). I've seen classes where 1-2 guys have the ability and a class where ALL of the studs were like flying CT (most of the time). The problem is being all T-38s, the sh*tty class got 95% fighters and the awesome class got a ton of heavies.

Bring on the NSS at Sheppard and be able to bank and pull fighters forward and it would be a much better program. As of now, the lack of competition isn't helping the current crop of studs...

And that's all I got to say about that...

• Upvote 2