New Format PCSM Question

ryleypav

After my TBAS and AFOQT, I ended up with a 93 Pilot, 75 NAV and 52 PCSM with 0 flight hours. 200+ Hours puts me at 90. I have 2 now so Im bumped to a 57, but it seems like the newer format really focuses on flight hours. I'm young so theres a decent chance I'll see 200 hours before im too old to apply for boards. However, does anyone have a decent understanding on how the scoring works? Would it really be worth it to go back and take the TBAS again? Any input is appreciated. 

I'd say not to retake it. I was in the same boat but got the flight hours to get my score up. I'd say just get some hours under your belt and try to get your PPL. If you got time and since your scores are solid enough, I'd recommend not retaking it on the chance of you having a bad day. Remember even if you have a bad night sleep and do worse the second time, your latest scores will be kept rather than the best ones. You can only take the test twice so just go for the experience.

Thank you to you both. I definitely agree on the flight hours. I plan on getting my PPL this summer after I finish school and start up work full time. I have a funky school schedule so its hard to get up in the air sometimes. I think I could do better if I took the TBAS again since I know even more what to expect this time. However, like was stated, just takes a bad day to screw it all up permanently. I'm going to ask the pilots at the base when I go down for a meet and greet what they think as well. 

Thanks again!