IFS/IFT attendance with PPL?

Walkerdubs

Question

7 answers to this question

Unless it's changed, if you have a PPL then there must be extra paperwork done for you to go (IE someone has to have a very compelling reason to send you).

Why on earth would you hold off on getting a PPL to force yourself to go to IFT? It's no longer a screening program, but there's still no reason to put yourself in the crosshairs of more queep if you don't have to. You will learn everything you need to at UPT, there's no reason to attend IFT if you can get a PPL and avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

18 hours ago, Walkerdubs said:

I had figured that it would be helpful to get the extra hours. Its just more time behind the controls on Air Force time. Queep non-withstanding, is it not worth the flight experience you gain?

No, I just responded to someone in another thread with a similar question, I will give you the same answer. It was 14 hours when I went through 4 years ago fyi.  Building has no windows, food is mediocre, its a super stressful environment, and is another opportunity to loose you ticket to the big dance before you get there. If you have the opportunity to get your PPL I would recommend doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1