Outside job while AGR?

I am filling an AGR spot and a possible job offer came open that allows me to work a different job for half a day a month on a non interference base with my primary pilot job. It doesn't make a ton but it's a nice bonus. My bosses don't want me to because they are worried about time logging for this job during the day while I am also an AGR. I would have a different uniform that I wear for this job and then change and go into work for my AGR position. My bosses are worried and don't think that I can do another job while AGR and they think that since the job is for a civilian outfit who renders services back to my wing once and a while that there may be a conflict of interest.

Anybody know anything about this? I informally spoke to base legal and they didn't see a problem as long as leadership was okay with it. And the reason leadership isn't okay with it doesn't seem to hold water. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

work a different job for half a day a month ... I would have a different uniform that I wear for this job and then change and go into work for my AGR position. since the job is for a civilian outfit who renders services back to my wing once and a while that there may be a conflict of interest.

What job that you do "for a half day a month" is worth the hassle of getting involved in what sounds like a very gray area?

Edited by Blue

What job that you do "for a half day a month" is worth the hassle of getting involved in what sounds like a very gray area?

Blowjobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you're an AGR, you are treated like Active Duty where outside employment must be approved by your boss and reviewed and approved by the JAG.  You will need to fill out AF Form 3902, get it signed by your AGR job boss and commander, and then get it reviewed by Legal.  If they approve it, you're GTG.  I've seen this done plenty of times in the past, although usually with enlisted personnel.  However, I remember a few officers doing it as well.